Star Wars Tonight

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, May 18, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So is anyone going to the midnight show? I'm going with some friends - it was a last minute thing and I'm lucky that I live in a small town. I'm sure there will still be quite a bit of silliness, but there's no one waiting in line days in advance around here.

D

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I saw the 2AM premiere screening of The Phantom Menace. Let's just say I have no desire to see ROTS until mid June.

3. amholl macrumors 6502

I live near boston, and i called the chesnut hill theatre about 2 days after tix went in sale, and the best i could get was 11 15 AM on SAT. Im pissed. I have been waiting sooooooo long for this movie. It will be the schizz.
    P.S. anyone here also belong to Jedi.net?

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

My brother is currently standing in line for it. I can't go until tomorrow, because being up until 3 or later on a night before the two days of Finals is not a good idea.
    I have a ticket for the 7:00 PM show tomorrow.

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

with a name like vader ... slightly disappointed.

6. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I'm going tomorrow night at 9:35. The fun part is that I have practice until 9:30 on the other side of town...

7. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Sorry to disappoint you, but the empire didn't invent school. And I still have to go.

8. emw macrumors G4

emw

May the force be with you, young Jedi.

9. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Well I just got back from seeing it. I have a friend that works at a movie theater and all the employees were allowed to have a sneak preview and to bring someone along. I thought it was pretty damn good.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

11. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I saw Ep I & II opening night. For III, I think I will wait so I can more easily go with a big group of Star Wars nerds, as that always makes things more interesting. It will be interesting to see how people react. I think that is the most entertaining part... just like irate fans of Boston sports teams.

12. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

I'm excited because unlike the episodes I & II this one is actually supposed to be good. I'll be able to watch once i'm done with finals and am home again. Lookin' forward to it :D

13. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Have my ticket booked, going to see it tomorrow (Friday) night at 8.30pm with 11 of my friends. Can't wait!

14. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I just got back a while ago - lets keep discussion of the movie in the *Official* thread.

I have to say, for a small town, it was sold out in the 3 theaters its was running in (the theater has 8 screens). There were even a couple people dressed up - I didn't see them - and a couple of Star Wars nerds running around with the plastic light up light sabers.....

D

15. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

As I did for Eps 1 and 2 I too attended the midnight show. My thoughts are in the other thread.

This one was alot more crowded, or at least seemed to be, than when I saw the other two flicks. And some fans were dressed up, some brought lightsabers, and a camera crew showed up...Quite an event indeed! :D