Starbucks

Discussion in 'Community' started by asif3, May 2, 2004.

1. asif3 macrumors member

Hi,

How many of you are big starbucks fans? I was visiting the new Apple store location in Regents Street today and I noticed that there is a starbucks at the back of the building :D

I *love* starbucks, and I'm glad there's like 5 starbucks in the near proximity of the Apple store. Hot chocolate is normally what I have, but I havent experimented with the other itmes they have. Those little 'shots' look cool.

So people, Starbucks- do you love it or loathe it?

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

thats the problem I have with them. they saturate the market far far too much.

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I'm a starbucks fan. I hardly ever go in one, though, because we use one with a drive-thru. I usually get a frapuccino (is that how you spell it?).

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

neither.. here starbucks is only available in vienna they just started last year AFAIK

i'll visit one of them next time i'll be there ... but when i look at their homepage it doesn't look very special to me...just like a normal café ...

5. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

6. asif3 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm..well, I dont know about in the states, but any starbucks in the oxford/regent street area is *always* packed.

I'm just saying I'm glad they came over. The American tourists love it!

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

8. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

Starbucks sucks!

...so ze Gerrrmans disagree on that one ;)

vSpacken

9. IrishGold macrumors member

What makes you say this? They have a hell of a selection. Its great, hehe.

10. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'll hit a Starbucks in an airport while waiting for my flight, or if it's the only thing around while out of town. Normally I go for the local coffee place, CC's (Community Coffee). I would rather support the local biz, and not be surrounded by teens & soccer moms while sipping on my machiatto. ;)

11. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

I prefer coffee that tastes like coffee, so I avoid Starbucks. Gimme Folgers, no cream and no sugar, any day.

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

Their expresso brownies...if you haven't tried them already, then you're missing out on a highly enjoyable chocolate snack.

13. IrishGold macrumors member

Now this is kinda weird, hehe.

I hate coffee, but there are a few things at Starbucks that I will drink and enjoy.

14. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i used to have this thing about starbucks...i thought it was lame and ridiculous that there were a million of them and I picked up on the whole negetive vibe about them. Then i started liking coffee, the reason i didn't like it before was that i again had this thing about drinking coffee black...that if you didn't you were drinking wuss coffee or something. Then I realized that was stupid, you like what you like, and i ended up liking it with cream and lots of sugar. Then i started liking starbucks...etc.

the one thing i do like about starbucks is that they have kinda made other places get better coffee, to compete. go to your convenience stores or gas stations and they'll have pretty damn good coffee.

15. mmmbop macrumors regular

There's a great Simpsons scene where Bart wanders through a shopping mall and every store including the one he visits gets turned into a Starbucks.

Says it all, really.

16. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

17. Ajmbc macrumors regular

When I go to Starbucks, I usually get a Cafe au Lait or a Latte. The espresso brownies are really good.

ajmbc

18. acidrock macrumors 6502

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I love Starbucks. It seems that here in Boston there is always one near the Apple Store. :) Your making me thirsty scem0 a Mocha Frappachino would sound delicious right now!

20. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    HAHA i saw that ep i nearly pissed myself when watching

21. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've concocted a recipe for espresso brownies. They're not exactly the same thing as what u are talking about, but still pretty damned good. If u want, I'll give u the recipe sometime. ;)

22. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

mMmm Chocolate Brownie Frappucino.

That's like basically all I get ever since I tried it once. Though the hot cocoa is nice...nothing like a frapp.

23. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

starbucks has been better in the past however i still love it, tho generally i get an extra shot in mine.. Anyway they opened a new starbucks right next to my housing at portland state, the funny thing is that there is also one in the cafeteria (half a block away), one 2 blocks away and then another 1 block in the other direction.

24. macka macrumors regular

We have Starbucks, but Gloria Jean's is more popular I think. They are just like Starbucks, just without the Americanisms... :p

25. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I love Starbucks.

My previous job was located literally right next to a Starbucks. I used to visit it daily, sometimes more than once a day!

Now the closest one is up the road, and I go maybe once a week, twice sometimes. Good stuff :)