Starcraft 1.15 Brood War on Intel Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SharkySharky, May 21, 2007.

1. macrumors member

SharkySharky

I searched around for a definite answer and I am sorry if there was one, but I am curious if SC BW 1.15 will run on an Intel Mac. Thank you for any help.

I have 15.4" MPB 2.33ghz 2 GB RAM

Thank you

2. macrumors 68030

SamIchi

yes

3. thread starter macrumors member

SharkySharky

thank you! I haven't played this game for years! I need to go buy it again actually! And all this Starcraft 2 info made me want to go play the first one through again! haha!

4. macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Just wanted to say that this and more are rated on the MacRumors Guides (link) and while BW is not specifically mentioned, it is implied due to Starcraft itself being listed.

It runs quite well. :)

5. thread starter macrumors member

SharkySharky

Cool. Yeah as you can see these are my first posts here. Pretty new to the forums, but I must say these forums are the best source for information on the web! Thanks for everyone's help!

6. macrumors regular

BioChron

Both Starcraft games, as well as Warcraft 3 run well on the Intel macs.

7. macrumors member

It definitely runs well. I just got playing not more then 5 minutes ago. Only problem with my CD BlackBook is that it makes my fans go crazy.

8. macrumors member

I just finished installing BW and the patch, but it won't let me connect to play online with battle.net. I click on "create new account" and it stops with a window saying "downloading license agreement" or something like that. What am I doing wrong? Is anyone else playing Starcraft on battle.net?

9. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

What computer and OS are you using?

10. macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I just reinstalled starcraft yesterday on my iBook, and I forgot how much I love the game. I'd have to assume that Starcraft would run well on any intel mac; despite Rosetta being used, I mean we are talking about a game whose "recommended" specs were 32 MB RAM and a 120 Mhz processor, which ran decently even on computers inferior to those specs.

11. macrumors member

I'm using a Mac Pro 2.66 running OS 10.4.9. I'm connected to the internet by hardwire to a Netgear router, which is then connected to a cable modem.
    Thanks for any help.

12. macrumors 6502a

Where can I get the hybrid brood war expansion for a decent price? Apparently the one I bought from way back in the day is PC only. I have the original 'craft with the hybrid cd i just want the expansion.

13. macrumors member

That will be hard to find. Walmart sells the whole package (with OSX installer) for about 18-19 bucks. The other option is looking on E-bay.
    Bye the way...I still can't seem to get access to Battle.net so I can play this game on-line :( Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks.

14. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

While we're talking about it..
    Why isn't there sound anymore!?!
    I updated the patch, and the sound left me. all alone without any sound :(

and I have a computer that game SC a run for its $$$. 80mhz Macintosh running system 8.1. mmmmmm, but it played WC well enough!

15. macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

warcraft 1 has MUCH less system requirements than starcraft. You can tell that from the visuals.

16. macrumors newbie

No sound

Yeah- 1.15 gives me no sounds on a MacBook, and the campaign freezes up after a few seconds. 1.14 worked fine for me though...

17. macrumors 6502a

Odd, I've just done a clean install on a 12" PB, manually patched it to 1.15, and have played through the first few missions, all with sound. I'll have to give a go on my MB....

18. macrumors 6502

the whole starcraft 2 thing made me dust off my old warcraft iii discs i bought for my pc years ago. i love that i can use the same discs on my mac. if i can run starcraft 2 at a decent resolution, i'll be happy.