Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
Its official only took 9 years :)

http://www.starcraft2.com

ss1.jpg

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Blizzard said:
Will StarCraft II be available on Mac simultaneously with PC?
As with all of Blizzard's recent releases, StarCraft II will ship on both PC and Mac simultaneously.

Very nice.

I was wondering why blizzard was getting the Havok engine for.

Blizzard said:
Havok physics have been integrated into the engine for added realism as well.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
Blizzard's Homepage said:
Hell, it's about time.
Haha, that's hilarious! :D

I wonder if StarCraft 2 is going to work on PowerPC systems. I've read on Gamespot that Blizzard started working on StarCraft 2 shortly after The Frozen Throne in 2003, and that was when we were promised a 3GHz Powermac in 12 months :)

Anyhow, there goes the hopes of a Lost Vikings sequel :( :p

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I'm just worried, how can you update something that's so perfect already. And it doesn't look like a sequal, but more like an updated SC1.

I would've preferred a whole new franchise, or D3, but oh well.
SC2's gonna kick some major butt! :p

padré

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2006
starcraft

well its nice to see stratcraft II, i will probebly pick this game up.

however, I must say that i'm pretty dissapointed, it looks like an updated starcraft II, like thejadedmonkey said before me.

but...there should be more, i mean on their site the job oppertunities tell us that they are looking for people to work on an next gen mmorpg, i sure hope they are talking about diablo 3, although i don't want diablo 3 to be a mmorpg.
anyways thats kinda of topic.

ok i'm off again, cya guys, and sry for my poor english :)

Mantronix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2007
Louisiana
Best gaming news. Glad to see they went with the RTS route than the rumored MMO. Between EQ and WoW I had my fill of MMOs for a long time.

Motley

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2005
Haha, that's hilarious! :D

I wonder if StarCraft 2 is going to work on PowerPC systems.

Well since this is Blizzard, I'm assuming we still have a few years until the thing is actually released, which means at that point it will probably be intel only :(

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I'm actually glad it looks like an updated Starcraft rather than Warcraft 3: Starcraft Edition. Although it appears very similar to the first game, the 3D models and new lighting effects will give it more visual depth than screenshots can convey. Looks like it's time for me to play through SC and Brood Wars again...

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Wow the game looks amazing! I'm still waiting on the CGI intro video to load, but I'm and bubbly as a schoolgirl right now. :D :D :D

Andrew D.

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yes! Finally! And of course Blizzard covers compatibility with Mac computers! I can't wait, this game is going to be great.. hopefully. Don't let us down Blizzard!

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Yeah the game thus far looks like 3D Starcraft I but hopefully Blizzard will add enough stuff to make it fresh, I LOVE the new races design, terrans no longer look like poorly done cartoons and Protoss look really cool now. Though thats just artwork and CGI... ingame terrans look horrible.

It doesn't look like they are changing the gameplay much, it would have been nice to see heroes and a 4th race but WC3 has proved that heroes and 4 races make for a game tough to balance.

In any case, even if its just a 3D Starcraft expansion (which it is so far) with updated game mechanics (like the tab caster system from WC3) then I'm already pretty excited :), I'm just glad its not a MMORPG.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.