Starcraft 2 rumor leak

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tim117, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Tim117 macrumors regular

I hope this is true. And I belive it came from gosugamers.com.

http://files.filefront.com//;6492202;;
    That's the conversation.

2. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

as much as I'd love to hear this, I'd have to call BS. Blizzard NEVER surprises us with games out of no where. If anything, they announce it way in advance, then go through months of alpha testing, then beta, then open beta for some products (usually the expansion packs) but I truly doubt they'd suddenly drop SC2 on us in a month with no prior notice.

If anything, I'd say they'll be announcing it next month. And that means we'll see it around... holidays 08!

3. Tim117 thread starter macrumors regular

I believe it's BS too. I got this reply in another forum...

4. therevolution macrumors 6502

Read the transcript more closely... the guy is claiming that the *announcement* will come late Feb/early March, not the game itself.

Sure would be big news, but who knows. I'm not getting my hopes up that this is true. They'll announce it when they do.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

6. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

yeah this is definately going to happen. right after WoW 2: The Two Towers and Warcraft IV: A New Hope

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

8. Jopling macrumors 6502

I heard from a source that the powerbook g5 is going to be announced at the end of August this year.

9. MacsomJRR macrumors 6502a

MacsomJRR

10. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

I think this game has missed it's ultimate window for release. Just like Duke Nukem, it may be coming but the wait has been so long that it may get lost in the shuffle.

That's my 2 cents.

11. darthmole12 macrumors newbie

Hah. I don't think you can compare Duke Nukem Forever to Starcraft II. DNF was ANNOUNCED like back in 1997, and there has been no screenshots/videos/previews released to game media outlets.

Starcraft II has never been announced. The original Starcraft sold millions of copies. Starcraft II could be a horrible game, but it would still sell a lot just based on name recognition.

That being said, while there is a decent chance that Starcraft II is currently in development at Blizzard (though more people seem to be thinking that Diablo III is being worked on), the story/leak is 100% BS.

12. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Not related to the so-called leak but I found this article where a member of the Blizzard brass made references to a sequel to both the Starcraft and Diablo franchises at the offical release of The Burning Crusade. Nothing new really but its nice to see.

13. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

Feb/March of...? 07? HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAH!!

more like '09, if that..