StarCraft 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Apr 9, 2003
    I'm sure others have seen it before, but I just ran across this:

Did a fan make this or something?
    Edit: Ok, it wasn't a fan, it was some company, thing is called StarKiller. I just want my d*** SC2 :(

Plus Blizzard execs are saying they hope it's not a decade between releases for StarCraft, and the original came out in 1998. I know Blizzard doesn't really do surprise announcements, but man I can hope.

Then again, I will probably have to buy a new computer because of it. Sigh . . . .
  2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm not really sure exactly what that is, I've never seen it before. It's obvious though, based on the pretty low-quality graphics, that it's not genuinely Starcraft 2.

Edit: It's apparently a Command and Conquer mod called Starkiller.
  3. steelfist macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2005
    i think it's a command and conquer generals mod.
    you can see the bar that shows how close you are to the next general star.
    also, the map has "c&c Generals" map alert style.
  4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

Jun 17, 2004
    I am wondering if Blizzards sucess with WoW, if we will ever see another RTS game from them. Let alone Starcraft 2...

I hope they do release another RTS or hack and slash em game like Diablo. It was here where their roots lie and would be a shame to neglect that. :(
  5. emoeric macrumors member

Jul 24, 2006
    Didn't Starcraft 2 bite the dust in terms of development?

Its interesting that Starcraft ghost was 90% done, people played it at the blizzard convention, and everything was going swell. Now, that game bit the dust as well.

Whats going on here?

Blizzard would have to be really really stupid to kill the Starcraft universe. Its a great story with great potential for another starcraft 2.

Also, note to blizzard... dev it for 360. Yeah, that would be a really smart idea.
  6. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    How so? If its an RTS, you want it on a PC. I never could get use to palying an RTS on a console. I tried it with the original starcraft, c & c, and LOTR.
  7. emoeric macrumors member

Jul 24, 2006
    In my opinion, and only in my opinion your point is 50% valid. The old starcraft and c&c on ps1 are horrible ports. I understand your logic there; however the LOTR for 360 was not that bad. If they could have worked a way to control the camera better... the game would have been just fine.

Also think of the company we are talking about... its blizzard. One of the most legendary devs of all time. If they really wanted to, they could make a great dev for 360.
  8. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    They could, I'd probaby at least rent it when it came out. All I am really saying is, they should just keep developing for PC/Mac's. It's what they are good at, and I would buy whatever they came out with. (yeah... i own everything since WC1)
  9. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    No, that was just Ghost. Starcraft 2 hasn't even been officially announced, but there have been enough hints, and with Blizzard having 4 products in development (although one of them was probably Burning Crusade), I'd expect Starcraft 2 later this year.

Starcraft on the N64 was not good, no matter how legendary Blizzard might be. It's pretty much impossible to do a good RTS using a gamepad as a controller without some sort of compromise, in which case, why bother....

10. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

Jan 16, 2007
    Is that found on their site, or somewhere else?

I can't check right now, my work network does not allow me to access game related sites.
  11. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Dec 13, 2004
    idk..they announced WoW years before it came out, public beta,'d think they would announce something by now

unless they don't want to detract attention from WoW...:rolleyes:
  12. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    Wasn't there a rumor about a StarCraft movie too? I guess that idea bit the dust too...:(
  13. Schmittroth macrumors regular

Dec 6, 2003
    NYC, Astoria-Queens