StarCraft Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by floatingspirit, Nov 13, 2005.

1. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

Anyone still playing Starcraft having it crash on them regularly? Any ideas how to stop that? It never did this until I got on this 2 GHz iMac with 10.4.
    It's the only game I play and I don't want to lose it...:confused:

2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

I play StarCraft on both my PB and my PM and don't have any issues with it crashing at all...However I haven't really played since upgrading to 10.4.3, are you on 10.4.3 or lower?

3. floatingspirit thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm on 10.4.3 Maybe I should try to reinstall it all...

4. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Its up to you. It may have to do with 10.4.3, I haven't tried running starcraft for more than 30 minutes on 10.4.3, I might get a chance at playing it some tomorrow. I do remember last time I played it that it was acting like network lag alot, is this what you were referring to as crashing?

5. floatingspirit thread starter macrumors 6502

By crash I mean it all freezes and then the screen melts into a rainbow of color, flashes and disappears, replaced by the "report the error to Apple" dialog box. The rest of the computer continues to function well, but StarCrash goes away.

6. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

7. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't think I've ever seen starcraft crash on osx or windows. I'd give her a reinstall (maybe osx too) and you should be fine.

8. actionjawa macrumors newbie

It's Fine for me

Well SC works fine for me when i play on Battle.net :) why don't you try reinstaling it? :) Did you instal it with the OSX Native Instaler :) If not try that

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Maybe try reinstalling classic will help. I had the same problem with diablo 2 it was fixed by reinstalling classic.