StarCraft Expansion help?!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by boxmetogo, Aug 3, 2004.

1. boxmetogo macrumors newbie

i've succefully installed starcraft on my mac it's on the new OS X panther but now i can't install the expansion pack. iwant to istall brood wars what should i do is there a patch or a download i can get>?

2. radman307 macrumors newbie

starcraft

I also have downloaded Starcraft, and I want to play Brood War....but it WILL NOT work. I also cannot right-click. I have to hold down the command key. Right clicking is essential for this game!!! The keyboard will not do!
    On MAC OS 9 Starcraft Brood war worked great.
    On MAC OS 10.3.4 I can't even play!! Starcraft is one of my if not my favorite game, but I can't play!!

HELP SOMEBODY!!!

Powerbook G4 12" 256MB 867MHz.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Specifically, use the Blizzard OS X installer link (note: will begin .dmg download - and it's 9.3MB!) mentioned at that site.

Works great!

BTW, as you might or might not know, you can make a disk image of the Starcraft or Brood Wars cd, mount the image, and play without the CD/DVD drive spinning all the time.

Here's how:

(1) First, install Starcraft and Brood War using new installer (or just Starcraft if that's all you have).

(2) Open Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility.

(3) Insert your Brood War CD (or just Starcraft if that's all you have)

(4) Click (on the left hand side of Disk Utility's main window) the "Session 1" icon (below your DVD drive, above "Brood War CD" or "Starcraft CD").

(5) Select "New Image" from the toolbar

(6) Format as "read only" (default), encryption "None" (default), named "Brood War CD" somewhere you'd like to keep it.

(7) Click "Save"

(8) When done, double-click on the image to open it, and then you can play the game without the CD. Note that this doesn't start the game, just makes the game think the CD is in... you still need to start the game itself from where ever you installed it.

4. radman307 macrumors newbie

Thank you for the link to the apple page that I never saw!
    Downloaded just fine, but when I went to open it...it said Fatal Error involving the file Local.
    Hmm.