Starcraft Ghost release date

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Bestbuy has Starcraft Ghost set to release at 3/16/06. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or if they are just estimating or relying on old info? As usual, Blizzard hasn't updated the Starcraft Ghost FAQ in a long time.

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'm looking forward to seeing this game as well, however what I am looking more forward to is Starcraft 2 - come on Blizzard, get on it! :cool:

As for the release date, I would take that with a grain of salt. ;)

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Agreed as to every point! Time for another RTS Blizzard!!

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Starcraft 2 is so long overdue it's not even funny. There is so much demand for it, Blizzard would be stupid not to release it in the next year or so - and then follow with WoS hot on its heels utilizing all the new advances, gameplay, etc. made in SC2. :cool:

5. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I want to see SC2 as well, but I'd like to keep this thread more on the SC: Ghost topic

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

It looks like Starcraft Ghost is on track for an October release, but it is no longer mentioned on Blizzard's official website at all. Does that seem weird to anyone else?

7. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Im' nervous for SC Ghost. I know Blizz has never released a product that they've felt totally confident on (like that one adventure 'cartoon-like' game about Thrall) but the way this SCGhost game has been constantly pushed back - and I think almost cannned at one point - really makes me nervous.

I'm not too big on FPS's though. Loved counterstrike, but dont feel a huge need to buy SC Ghost, aside from the fact that its a Blizz game.

8. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I kind of feel that same way. As I said before, just give me SC2 and I'l be happy. :cool:

9. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

10. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Typical Blizzard... :p ;)

11. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Wow, from the sound of it they're giving up on SC: Ghost for right now but are looking into making it for the next gen consoles. And I've been looking forward to this since the announced it (~4 years).

Ouch.

12. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

Man... that really is some rough news. Most games that are started on one system and postponed until the next gen systems really dont even take advantage of much of the next gen capabilities.
    I think most of the games that were postponed until the next gen system probably could've been done on the "current" system. For some reason I can't think of any examples though.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It's basically canned. With a small glimour of hope that it may be resurrected, but I'd say too much development time has been wasted on this title.. If they can solve the problems they were having with framerate etc, and release it with minimum modification albeit at a higer res on the 360, then we may see it. If it looks like too much of a task to redo stuff, forget it...

From a cube exclusive 2 nothingness in 4 easy steps (well years 2 be exact)..

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I hope Blizzard at least announces they will be starting work on SC2 so that it will be released by 2010.... :rolleyes: :(

15. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

2010? I take it you're assuming no set backs and delays . . . . .

16. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, what can I say, I am optimistically naive. :p ;) :D

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

so what exactly is blizzard working on at this point? The add-on to WoW i know, but what else? It's been a long time since they did anything but WoW...

18. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Something *other* than WoW?

heeheeheeheeheehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

heh

19. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

As far as officially announced projects, the only one on Blizzard.com is the Burning Crusade expansion for WoW. Who knows what they are working on that hasn't been announced, I'm guessing there is a Diablo title in the works and possibly a new Starcraft title since Ghost was basically scrapped.

20. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

They probably canned it to work on WoW some more.

I f***ing hate WoW. :mad:

Way overhyped. For me its just another boring run-of-the-mill MMORPG. Those games bore the hell out of me.

21. trogdor! macrumors regular

Yah i want starcraft 2 personaly. I thought ghost was a complete flop anyways.

I did hear rumor that starcraft and warcraft may combine forces into one big happy family. It was something about one big game and you could choose which realm you would want go into. I do not know how much truth to that there is though.

22. mikeyPotg macrumors 6502

oh that woul be great and LONG overdue! they can keep the games the same, but if they were to revise bnet so that it was more efficient to host/join games and have different types of games, and all of that - that would be amazing.
    Even better - if they really threw the hammer down on hackers/cheaters!!

I'd imagine this may be something like what they did for warcraft II when they made it available on bnet. same game, just different/new online features.