StarCraft Mac OS X Installer Problems?? Help...

Discussion in 'Games' started by ckeck, Mar 29, 2006.

1. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Hey everyone, quick question...

I just got my new MBP and I am trying to install StarCraft off my ancient PC-CDROM version. I already downloaded the Mac OS X installer, but everytime I get to the point where it asks me to insert the CD, I do and then the system spits it back out after about 20 seconds. It spins up the CD like its reading it, and then just rejects it.

Any ideas? I was under the impression that I could use my old PC version disk as long as I used the OS X installer. Please inform me if I am wrong.

All my other cds work just fine. Thanks.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Stop me if I'm wrong but I think the OS X installer is there to allow you to install Starcraft from the Mac version of the CD onto a Mac running OS X instead of OS 9 which Starcraft was written for.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

That is correct, unless you've got the CD where both Mac and PC versions are located

4. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I was under the impression Starcraft CDs have both versions on them.

I used my old SC disc to install on my new iMac just fine. Previously I had bought the game for my PC (that I replaced with the iMac).

So unless they actually released a PC-only disc, which I've never heard of, it *should* work.

5. wako macrumors 65816

exactly what i thought as well...

however i been running into the same trouble

6. ckeck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Well, the EARLIEST versions of StarCraft from launch day were set up for Windows only. Shortly after they started including both versions on the disc I believe. I just thought this installer was able to make the Windows version install under OS X.

Guess I'm off to go buy StarCraft...lol...its only like $10 these days, or less...