Starcraft Patch

Discussion in 'Games' started by CANEHDN, Aug 3, 2006.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Blizzard announced yesterday that they've added a patch to Starcraft. Unfortunately no Universal Binary but they've fixed a few bugs and added so new features. Nothing big. I love the fact that Blizzard, even after 10 years, still patches games. They are awesome.

2. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

did u mean "no new features"? cuz if they're are new features what are they?

3. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I love Blizzard too. I'm hoping someday I can work for 'em! :D

4. iFry macrumors member

i would kill for them to dev a StarCraft 2 within the next ten years :(

5. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I love blizzard too, I just wish they wouldn't focus on WoW so much lately. I know, it's their bread-n-butter but what about those of us that don't care to pay a monthly fee?

Let's pump out some Universal Binaries for WarCraft 3 and StarCraft.

Speaking of StarCraft, whatever happened to Ghost? I got so tired of seeing the same old news that I stopped checking up on it, and now it's not even there anymore. Was this project just completely scrapped? :confused:

6. JamSoft macrumors member

JamSoft

StarCraft Receives Another Update

Showing a dogged commitment to what is undoubtedly one of their most successful products, Blizzard has once again released an update to its venerable RTS StarCraft. Now sitting at version 1.14, the version largely addresses various bugs and exploit fixes in a continuing effort to keep things running smoothly.

Some of the features changes are as follows:
    • European ladder now affiliated with WGTour (http://www.wgtour.com/blizz.php). See (http://www.battle.net/scladder/) for additional information about the new European ladder.
    • Ladder games disabled for all other regions.
    • For Top vs. Bottom games, the default chat filter is now 'Chat To Allies'.
    • In-game chat messages now show the speaker's name in his/her team color.
    • Users can now use the mouse wheel to scroll chat and selection boxes in Windows 98 (or later) and Macintosh OS X.
    • Screen shots now use a time/date stamp; they are no longer limited to 100.
    • Improved version numbering system.
    • The high-color application icon from the Macintosh version is now used on PC.
    • Small corrections to the Lost Temple and Dire Straits maps.

Direct downloads to the latest patches can be found at Blizzard's site.

Source < http://insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ArticleID=13836 >

7. Queso macrumors G4

Such a shame Atari can't do the same with their Master of Orion games. Master of Orion 2 should have been carbonised, and MoO3 is so buggy it's unplayable. :(

EDIT: However, for those that are interested. I've got round the MoO2 planet-invasion crash problem in OSX :)

8. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

ghost was scrapped months ago.

9. Rowen macrumors newbie

Anyone been reading up on the starcraft port to the warcraft3 engine? There is the only real update we'll see in years.

10. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

That's absolutely insane. It's hard to believe that it would just be completely abandoned. Were there any press releases or was it just quietly scrapped?

11. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

there was press releases. i read it in both OXM and GI

12. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It was. I read it in EGM a few months ago. I was very sad.

13. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

Why did they scrap it? They were working on that game for years. I agree about Starcraft 2. That's all I want. I'm not interested in Warcraft 3 or WoW. I hope they don't make Starcraft 2 like Warcraft 3. That would ruin it for me.

It's been almost 9 years since Starcraft was released. Since then, they've released Diablo II, Diablo II Expansion, Warcraft III, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, World of Warcraft, and are soon to release World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. I think it's time to revisit the Starcraft realm.

Total releases for each "realm" (including expansions)
    Warcraft - 7
    Diablo - 3
    Starcraft - 2