Staredit Emerald?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacWarriorX, Mar 14, 2005.

1. MacWarriorX macrumors newbie

I've literally scoured the internet for this powerful mac starcraft map editor, but every link is broken (even archive.org is to no avail). So I figured I might as well post here.
    If anyone has a copy of this program lurking on a hard drive somewhere please post so I can get a copy from you. It's not an illegal program or anything, it's just been extremely hard to find.
    Thanks.

2. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

The Emerald patch was just a modification of the file "Starcraft Patch", right? If that's the case, I've still got it sitting on my hard drive (re-labeled "Starcraft Patch.em" to distinguish it...). If there's more to the Emerald patch than this let me know and I can see if I've got the rest of it... I can host what I've got, just let me know what you need exactly.

3. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Just be glad Blizzard ported SC to it for free. :rolleyes:

5. MacWarriorX thread starter macrumors newbie

I used to have a version (years ago) that was an actual seperate app that worked independently of the regular StarEdit, but I believe there is also a version which is just a patch. If I could get my hands on whatever you've got, it would be much appreciated.

6. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Okay, here's the download link what you do is go to the "Starcraft Files" folder inside your Starcraft folder, and either move or rename the file "Starcraft Patch" and put this file in its place and load up StarEdit... I'm not 100% sure, but I think in order to play the game you have to put your old "Starcraft Patch" file back... Just whatever you do don't delete or overwrite your old "Starcraft Patch" file.

7. MacWarriorX thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks rocksaurus, but unfortunately I followed your instructions and it didn't work.
    However, I did manage to find that app version I was talking about! I had to dig up an old mac to boot into OS 9 and a copy of ShrinkWrap to extract it. Yet, foiled again, the Staredit Emerald app won't launch, it gives me an error. I have a feeling it'll only work when you're running the comp in OS 9, not in classic mode.
    I'll fiddle around with it on the old mac and see if it does indeed run. Until there, here's a link to the extracted folder (zipped) if you wanna try on your own.
    StarEdit Emerald

Edit: Btw, I'm using 10.3.8 (classic is 9.2.2 enabler version 9.4.1) and Brood War v1.12 for OS X.

8. MacWarriorX thread starter macrumors newbie

Success! Using the files I just posted, I got the fully featured editor to work in classic. I had to install a fresh copy of SC and BW from my game CDs. They need to be installed using the OS 9 installers on the CDs themselves, not the OS X installer that Blizzard provides on their website. Do not update or patch them, and drop the Emerald files into that folder. With any luck, SE Emerald will work perfectly!

9. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

Hate to resurrect a dead topic but I need whatever version of Staredit Emerald you have, and your link's dead... Basically the version I have seems to half work, it gives me some of the features of emerald but lacks others (LIKE LAUNCHING A NUKE) :)

10. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

try these... not sure if they work.. been a long time using staredit or classic/os9

http://www.staredit.net/index.php?dlcategory=33

11. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus