Stargate Atlantis Tips Hat To OS X

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by celaurie, Jan 10, 2007.

1. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

/start utterly random post

In the most recent episode of Stargate Atlantis (0317 'The Ark'), McKay comments on the failure of an alien computer device and tips his hat to OS X.

"Unfortunatley the computer froze, it was completley locked up... you probably should have used a Mac."

/end utterly random post.

~cel

2. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

I bet that Dell loved that since as of the first season they we all using Inspirons. :D I haven't had a chance to watch it since then, so I wouldn't know if that had changed.

3. celaurie thread starter macrumors 6502a

celaurie

As far as I can see it's still a Dell orientated show.

I'm not aware of any sci-fi show that has entirely used Macs. Spooks did, but it's a drama.

~cel

4. paleck macrumors 6502a

paleck

Yeah it's not a Dell show, but the laptops they use are from the Inspiron Design.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

We should tip our hats to Stargate Atlantis - the final episode aired tonight. :(

Looking forward to the movies!

6. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

Although some of the more ridiculous plot lines recently would have been better fitted to a sci-fi show.

I do love it though :eek:

7. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

so does anyone know why Atlantis was canceled?

8. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Atlantis was becoming more expensive to produce. And they wanted to make room for a new show that they hopes will attract even MORE viewers. Never mind the fact that Atlantis has continued gaining viewers the past two seasons. Some think SciFi wanted to cancel the show last year, but decided not to get Atlantis to the magical 100. Atlantis had about one more season left in it though, and its a shame they chose to discontinue it.

Sadly, I'm not all that appealed with Stargate: Universe, and pretty much think I'll be done with SciFi Channel after BSG and Eureka finish their runs.

9. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Seems like a dumb move. I figured atlantis was good for another couple of seasons myself...they opened the door a couple of times this past season for continuing the show with new enemies...

It was a great show, and I personally think it was a tad bit better than the original..I'll be sad to see it go.

I havent heard much about SGU, but what I have heard, makes it sound kind of silly...

maybe it is time to cancel my tv service.

BTW, who was that chick that visited Ronan at the end of the show? I never saw her before.

10. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Sanctuary may not be entirely Macs, but they sure do use a lot of Apple products

Edit: Weeds uses a hell of a lot of Macs too, but yeah it's not sci-fi
    Mythbusters uses Macs too.

I skimmed this thread to see if anyone was going to mention it or not but basically the same thing was said on Eureka when they were having problems with the OS for the town.

11. waywardsage macrumors 6502

waywardsage

I'm a big Atlantis fan. I began watching it when the first episode aired. As time went on I began to prefer it to Stargate SG-1. I really thought that the cast really clicked well in Atlantis. The fans of the show were sad to see it go.

A poster earlier in this thread got it right. They wanted to make room for a third show in the franchise. And the decision was made to put Atlantis out to pasture. It had its ups and downs, and had several cast changes. But it seemed to be really finding a grove and audience this season.

A lot of fans are uneasy about the new show: Stargate Universe. From all descriptions, it seems like the sci-fi execs want to "Battlestar" it up. It was reported that they wanted a "younger cast" and jokes were going around that it would be Stargate 90210. But with recent casting leaks that show some of the actors to be of a more reasonable, beleivable age. It seems like it may be good.

Heres hoping.