Stargate SG-1 ends after this season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eva01, Aug 21, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

2. vniow macrumors G4

I guess this means that rumoured movie will be in production soon though.

3. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

I hope so, and i vaguely remember there was going to be more than 1 movie.

Maybe the movies will force it back on the air. I can dream

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thank goodness...I haven't been able to watch it since Jack got promoted out of SG-1.

5. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

Well the thing that kept me watching was Ben Browder and Michael Shanks

I <3 Daniel Jackson. Like I would do him >_>

6. vniow macrumors G4

I hope this will be enough advance for the producers/writers to get some closure into it before the season ends. Unlike say Firefly which was cancelled after the first season had already been aired...

7. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

I can hope that they bring over Dr. Jackson and Browder from SG-1 to Atlantis.

Especially Jackson

8. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Oh no, this is aweful news!! I love Stargate and have all the boxsets. :( I was hoping that with the main cast having survived a big change it would go for a while longer. :(

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Hang on a sec. The article says:

We just saw episode #200. That means there's 15 more episodes to go... which makes it sound like we get one more season after the current one... unless the current season is going to stretch on for four more months.

10. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That makes sense...they have about 20 episodes per season, and "200" was the sixth episode of Season Ten.

Edit: List of episodes...getting pretty close to 215 on that list.

11. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

OK, that makes sense.

I must be getting confused by some of these short seasons we're getting for shows nowadays... it seems like the current season of The 4400 started just seven or eight weeks ago, for example, and it ends this weekend.

I guess we can assume that the Ori will be defeated, if Stargate Atlantis is going to continue and SG:1 isn't... unless, of course, Earth is conquered and the folks at Atlantis have to soldier on without any more help from our galaxy.

12. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Saw it comming

The Earth is destoyed and the team from Atlantis are the last Earthlings left in the universe. Tapping and Judge have probably had enough, but I kinda feel bad for Browder, Black, and Doig. Shanks is god to the fans so I doubt he'd disappear again. Maybe he could accend again. Bridges is already a movie star so...
    Kinda rediculous. Aren't both shows suffering a ratings slump this year? Isn't SG1-1 only like a quarter of a point behind Atlantis? SciFi needs to get it's @#$% together. Is there anything else worth watching besides Battlestar?

13. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

My thoughts:

• Judge is never going to have it as good as he has it now. Sorry, but he's doing the one role that's really his. Any other time I see him, I'm going to go "Oh, there's Teal'c."
    • Tapping... mmm... I would love to tap Tapping, if you know what I mean (and I think you do). :p
    • Browder and Black will undoubtedly surface on YASFSotSFC (Yet Another Sci-Fi Series on the Sci-Fi Channel). Claudia is really far too hot to stay cooped up on TV shows, though... I'd love to see her in films (like Pitch Black).
    • Doig was never a main character and has been gone this entire season. Anyway, she and Shanks are married, so as long as he's working...
    But yeah, beyond the two SG shows and Doctor Who, all that I really care about on SFC is Battlestar Galactica. It can't get here soon enough.

14. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Yes, the first half of the season runs July-September, and the second half of the season runs January-March.

I'm happy and sad. Sad that the series is ending, but happy that I can stop taping episodes. (I've only missed one so far, since it started.)

15. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Bring em on

I bet Atlantis gets canceled next season. Well, nothing lasts forever. I'm not the biggest Stargate fan. I only hopped on the wagon because I just finished Farscape. Does Atlantis become amazing in it's second season? Because season one isn't all that impressive.

16. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Atlantis is pretty good, but they've started recycling enemies who were previously vanquished in SG:1 a while back... for example, two weeks ago, we were introduced to human-form replicators in the Pegasus Galaxy. Since there's not an Ancient weapon (that we know of) like the Dakara weapon, and no simultaneous-Gate dialing program (helpfully provided by Baal), the Atlantis folks will have to come up with a new tactic to defeat these "new" replicators... not to mention, the Wraith and Genii threats still exist.

I do like Torri Higginson more than I like Amanda Tapping, though... had the hots for Torri ever since she was on TekWar.

17. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Sad - but in the 200th episode last week the spin off/fake show "Wormhole Xtreme" ended its 10th year and they mentioned that the Movie was now a go.

So maybe we'll get another Stargate Movie?

D

18. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I haven't yet seen that episode, but I always thought the replicators would be an effective weapon against the Wraith. They still need to find a way to stop the replicators, though. ;)

And I've also liked Torri since TekWar.

19. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Here I come to save the day

"How dare they cancel the house that RDA built!... Teal'c, what's with the hair?"
    [​IMG]

20. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Arggh! I just started watching the show this year! :mad:

21. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

"There is no... emoticon for what I am feeling."
    [​IMG]
    "Nobody move! There could be a Stargate somewhere in this room."
    [​IMG]
    "Forget the gate. I heard there's a girl in the audience! Let's try and find her instead."
    [​IMG]

Me too. Actually I don't have cable so I'm a season behind. I just imported season 9 on DVD from the UK last week. Couldn't wait for another Ben Browder/Claudia Black fix after I finally finished Farscape last week.

22. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Honestly.... good! I DO like SG-1 but somewhere around season 3 or 4 I just got fed up with all the filler (too many time travel and "virus" episodes). 10 seasons is just so long. I'd rather see the plot go somewhere in a reasonable amount of time.

But that's just me.

p.s. BSG kicks fracking butt (but I hope they don't drag it out that long ;) ).

23. DISCOMUNICATION macrumors 6502a

DISCOMUNICATION

Can't escape the scape

• I miss Raelee Hill and Gigi Edgley. Hill had a bit part in Superman Returns. I wish Edgley would get more work state side.

24. rontheancient macrumors regular

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Save the gate!

Save the my favorite TV show!

SAVE WALTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooper, the shows producer, says that he will try to get Sci-Fi to reverse the decision, or atleast move it to another network. If the worse does happen and the show does end, I hope they end it big like Voyager, close the Ori theme, and find Merlin's weapon, possibly shove all those goodies into a feature movie.

25. fblack macrumors 6502a

fblack

Really? Good. I havent liked it in quite some time. I keep seeing Browder and wonder how is chriton gonna get screwed this time? Then its like arrgghh wrong show! ;)

I really dont care for the new Dr.Who either. BSG is the only thing worth watching.

I miss Farscape...:(