Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
DISCOMUNICATION said:
SG-1 to continues in 2 direct to DVD movies. The first one will wrap up the Ori storyline and is set for a fall 2007 release. I think they should consider leaving the second movie to wrap up Atlantis when SciFi inevitably cancels it after season 4.

Mr. Anderson said:
Sad - but in the 200th episode last week the spin off/fake show "Wormhole Xtreme" ended its 10th year and they mentioned that the Movie was now a go.

So maybe we'll get another Stargate Movie?

D

Ha! I was right :D

D

fitinferno

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
London, UK
eva01 said:
I can hope that they bring over Dr. Jackson and Browder from SG-1 to Atlantis.

Especially Jackson

I hope that this doesn't happen. They will ruin Atlantis. I am loving that show right now and the part I love is that it's totally fresh. Sure, it's fun when Carter comes to play w/Rodney and his doohickeys, but not so fun if she or any of the other original cast remained there.

It's time for Stargate's sunset. I've watched it since I was a wee lttl one and do love it, but I don't want to see the downward spiral it is going on continue. I remember the series when you watched an episode and were awed...now...not so much. Atlantis still has that (this year's series has just had some FANTASTIC eps) and to pull in the old cast members I think would diminish that.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
I hope this isnt the last of Stargate sg-1 on tv.

why? it is entertaining, even if it isnt like the richard Dean Anderson years.

also the show is more popular now than ever internationally. they have huge audiences. so the Money from overseas can help the show continue.

All they need is a USA domestic network to continue airing it.... then they will be allright.

SCIFI you suck!

eva01

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
stargate still awes me now as this Ori saga is exactly like any other religion of the past here. That is what makes this saga so special is that it is just like the crusades of the catholics, killing everyone that wasn't a catholic and wouldn't become a catholic.

It connects very well with the history of the earth and that is why it is so amazing. Something so different, can be so true and historical somewhat.

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
for those who want to tell others and try and contact scifi to change their mind.

try the man who made the decision!

Mark Stern
c/o The SCI-FI Channel
1230 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020-1513

mark.stern @ unistudios.com

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
DISCOMUNICATION said:
Well, it's not a real movie. I wonder if that direct-to-DVD money will make the production value better or worse than the tv show.

Explain to me how its not a real movie? That's silly that you think just because it doesn't go to a theatre that its not real. I'm sure the cast and crew all call it the Stargate Movie - not the wanna-be-Stargate-Movie, the almost-Stargate-Movie, etc.

I'm really looking forward to it, especially if they leave the season finally with an open ended story.

D

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
well, hopefully they will do some dvd 2 hour movies.

i will buy. but... i wish they would bring the series back

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
I feel bookending the series is an excellent way to end it. Here's a serise that has managed to last 10 years and still manage to get better. It's time for its story to end - as much as my selfish mind wants to see more. Besides, the Tau'ri were getting too powerful - as hinted at in "200". Now the writiers had to pull out anti-ancients to go up against, I mean, who's next?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.