start-up issue...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iBlue, Aug 4, 2005.

1. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

guess i need help. :eek: yes i tried a search, surely someone else has seen this and asked, however my searches came up fruitless (yeah, pun intended) :D

this is the second time, but it's been months since my last restart so i forgot all about it.
    i ran OnyX and restarted - and where my usual grey screen and apple comes on as it's starting, it is replaced with a square with a globe in the middle, blinking. it did it for a while so i clicked "enter" just for the hell of it, then it went to a blinking (tiny) folder with the Finder icon on it, it was blinking between a question mark and the finder icon. then i clicked enter again and got the regular grey apple screen and it started.

what are these extra steps? is something wrong? (i can only assume so) i don't know what that is supposed to mean. everything appears to be running OK. i am not pleased with the 10.3.9 update, i have had a couple problems but this appears to be unique. any ideas?

thanks

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....your install has just forgotten its proper startup disk...the globe is the computer looking for ntework to boot from. Once you are logged in, just open up system prefs and reselect your startup disk and you should be okay....if for some reason that does not work, try zapping the pram....oh yeah!

3. iBlue thread starter macrumors Core

iBlue