Start up now asks for ID

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by JW8725, Jun 10, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I am the only user on my mac mini. I have tiger installed and for some reason now its started to ask for my log in and password. How can i take this of my start up? its annoying as only I use my machine! Thanks

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Open up system preferences adn then click Users. After that click on login options. Check the box automatically login, and change the user to yours.

3. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Something is definately wrong here. I have followed instructions and clicked to automatically log me in and it still asks for my ID. Please help?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I believe you have a corrupt keychain. The first thing to try is opening Keychain Access (in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder) and running Keychain First Aid from the Keychain Access menu. If that fails, try deleting your login keychain then recreating it.

5. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi thanks for the reply but....

I went to the keychain and repaired. There were no problems found. I deleted the login key and still its asking me for login info. Im stuck. Any ideas please??

6. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Problem solved. I used that System Optimizer and sat back and let it work its magic. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!