starwars battlefronts on a bowerbook g4 12"inch

Discussion in 'Games' started by mactellwillsuck, Jun 30, 2005.

1. mactellwillsuck macrumors newbie

can stars wars battle fronts run on a mac powerbook g4 with 512 mb of ram and 64 mb of vram

2. iPoster macrumors regular

According to the Aspyr Game Agent, the minimum system requirements are:

1ghz G4
    256mb RAM
    2.7gb drive space
    Radeon 8500
    or
    GeForce2MX
    (either with 64MB video RAM)
    DVD drive

3. mactellwillsuck thread starter macrumors newbie

so i guess that mens yes
    and by a dvd drive does that mean it has to have a superdrive

4. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

No, a combo drive can read DVDs (it's a combination of a CD-RW and DVD in one)... What makes the super drive super is it can write DVDs as well as read them. Savvy?

5. Redboy macrumors member

6. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

Yup. Aspyr announced today that Battlefront's gone gold master. It's scheduled to ship July 18th (just under two weeks from now). More info here: http://www.insidemacgames.com/news/story.php?ID=11554. I'm glad I got a Radeon 9800 for my G5. :)

Now, where can I find a good deal on Battlefront, or should I just wait for someone to buy it, finish it, and sell it? LOL. :D

7. Redboy macrumors member

Well, I should be done with KOTOR soon, which gives me a good week or so to be productive again until I can get my hands on Battlefronts.

8. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

July 18th? As a die-hard Star Wars fan, I can't wait to get it.

Heard the Legos Star Was is coming for Mac in August!! Has anyone played this on the X-box? Looks like fun!

May the force be with you...

9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Sorry, dumb question: will the Mac client work (ie. play with) the PC servers? My PC friends at work have Battlefront and we've all kind of assumed that I'll be able to play online with them when the Mac version comes out.

Thanks!

10. Tastannin macrumors 6502

Tastannin

Unfortunately, you will be only able to play with PC Battlefront users on LAN / Direct IP connections. No internet play for PC/Mac - all internet gaming will be Mac only for Battlefront. :(

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I've been waiting for this forever, I preordered it in April. You can still run it on a comp with 32 Vram. I have Delta Force Black Hawk Down on my ibook with 32 Vram which requires 64. I also called. Just for anyone whos wondering.

12. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

Yeah I had it for XBOX...it's a fun little game, a lot of different playable characters in free mode, hilarious graphics and quirks....BUT.

WAAAYYYY TOO SHORT. Beat it in a day, and to "really" beat it, that only took 3 days...on differents spans of playing. It is fun, but it gets repetitive after awhile (as you only have a lightsaber, force push, the use of a blaster, and grappling hook) as every *class* (use term loosly) has the same exact abilities.

It was fun, but it's a renter....

13. derb macrumors newbie

I have a G4 12" and it runs fine on mine - I have 768Mb of RAM in it though.