StarWars Episode One

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacAztec, Mar 11, 2002.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Did anyone go o the FIRST showing of that movie? I remember, the very DAY it came out, we like camped out at our theater. At around 12:30, the first showings in the whole US started, and I was there!

Am I the only StarWars/StarTrek guy who went and saw the first showing? I was just thinking about this because of all this StarWars hype...

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

I went. Didnt camp out though. I went early that day...got the last tickets and left did my bussines then went to see the movie. I remember everyone in the theater was clapping when it started and clapped at the end. Some little kid brought his light saber....swung it around during the flick a couple of times. Trippy and fun all the same. I cant wait for the next one to hit the big screen. I love those expierences regarldes if EP2 will stink. Its star wars! Like someone said...i would be happy even if george made the movie of him sitting on the john and crapping...so as long as it is called star wars and from lucas..im there.

dig it!

3. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Here is my history with Star Wars.. I don't know which it says more about.. me, or the movies.. but here it is, either way.

Saw the first one, Star Wars, 34 times in the theatre.
    Saw the second one, Empire Strikes Back, 2 times in the theatre.
    Saw the third one, Return of the Jedi, on video, never all the way through, but in fits and starts that cover the whole thing, spread over a couple years.
    Saw the fourth one, Episode One, 1 time in the theatre, but fell asleep about 20 minutes into it. Saw it on video. The sleep was better. Sleep with Night Terrors would have been better.

George Lucas is living proof that talent can simply go away. Put aside your NEED for it to be great, and watch what actually hits the screen.. the third and fourth movies blew goats. Like most everyone else, though, I will dole out my $9.00 and see the next one, though I certainly won't wait in any lines to see it. Might even wait until I can see it at a matinee price. The trailer, though, certainly looks more promising than Episode One... though I still think Yoda is every bit as annoying as Jar Jar.

Now, I will go find my asbestos undies... flame on!

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

good history...interesting.

im not about to get into mine...it would be unbearbly long.

ill spare you all the angst.

some say i look like a jedi. i dont see the resemblence.

5. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe, My history

I saw all 3 videos on VIDEO, they weren't in the theater when I had a chance to see them. I have watched em about 10 times each. I didnt really like Episode 1, I hope 2 is better.

6. buffsldr macrumors 6502a

buffsldr

No flames here, I totally agree with you. I also get why people think its fun to go for just the atomosphere of it all. I get both sides, except for those you say Ep1 was actually a legitimately good flick. I guess it is kind of like the olympics... I went to a couple events and had a great time, but more because it was the olympics than what I was actually watching. I would have been excited if they had a couple guys pushing stones across the ice and called it an olympic sport... wait.... never mind

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

it was a great movie....but I didn't want to bother with the huge crowds to wait the day it opened....

I did manage to see it 3 times though! :p

8. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

A great movie?!? That's way creepier than even the DemonKewpie

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

SW FREAK!!!

I'm a total Star Wars nut, I think that the first three movies were incredible!! I could watch them again and again and again. The one thing I hate about StarWars is that so many fans are stupid!! They do enjoy it just because it's made by Lucas. At first Episode one was too childish, the humor appealled only to weak-minded fools. But after seeing it many many many times, you begin to appreciate it for the big picture it presents. It's just soooo big, and sooo much atuff happens, that it is impossible for anyone to take it all in. I do think that Jar Jar Binks could have been axed from the movie without it losing anything. Lucas overdeveloped the tiny rolls like Aurra Sing (on for what like 10 frames), and the Jedi counsal members that never talked that watching it you get caught up in the insignificant details, also I think whiny girls can influence their father easily. It's a shame. Oh well, just my 2¢ don't anybody be offended.