StarWars Knight Of The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mr. Anderson, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

However the best Star Wars game is on the GameCube, Rogue Squad 2 and the new one shown at E3. Isn't that game also on the PC. Which means it is quite likely it will also come on the Mac (if it sells well on the PC).

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

But this one isn't out yet and it looks to be much more than Rogue Squadron 2 - did you even look at some of the trailers on the website?

And XBox has better graphics than the Cube - but it also is available on the PC - I don't know if they'll ever get this ported to the mac, which is a shame.

D

4. job macrumors 68040

job

I'd much rather play Star Wars Galaxies. Mmmmm....a MMORPG set in the Star Wars universe....mmmm. :D

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The only problem with that is the amount of time it can suck up. I wouldn't want to get involved in something like that since my time is tight enough as it is.

My character would end up dying of old age in between games.....;)

D

6. job macrumors 68040

job

And money too. Online RPGs are getting very expensive. Still, I think it's great that Bioware helped Lucasarts out on Knights of the Old Republic. Bioware develops fantastic games.

7. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

I have looked at the screen shots for the new rogue squadron and think they are much better than anything on any console so far, especially the moon of endor missions. The Xbox is more powerful, but it is up to the developers to use that power, and so far not many have been able to do this.

About a Mac port, the recent Jedi Knights 2 got ported to Mac, so there is no reason why this can't.

Edit: I just saw the trailer and a lot of the images are not in game graphics, but cut screens. The in game graphics are just above average for the Xbox. The cut scenes are the bits that are shown in wide screen.

8. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Well it's a good thing I have a Gamecube and an Xbox. Hello KOTOR and Rogue Leader 2!

P.S. I think Kotor is actully an Xbox exclusive game as Rogue Leader 2 is for the GC.

9. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Actually, spec wise I believe the NGC is faster. Though many of it's games don't show this.

10. couch potato macrumors regular

remember xbox has a special little nVidia ship, made only for xbox, while gamecube has an ATI card.

but yeah, that would be nice to have that game come to mac....but then thats the way it is with a lot of games now days :(

11. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Actually the Gamecube has a custom ATI chip known as the "Flipper Chip" and IBM designed the custom processor based on G3 FX designs.

12. Das macrumors regular

It's about time the xbox game I actually look forward to playing. Dang, it's only been over a year. Anyhoo, looks cool and I like how your character chanes depending on what you do. Man, I want one of those face tatoos.

Galaxies is pretty boring (though I'm not that big on MMORPGSOISG's) and I'm looking for WoW from Blizzard more.