1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

StarWars Spoiler Thread - If you haven't seen the movie, it will ruin it for you!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, May 16, 2002.

1. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, I had to start this thread, because I really don't want to ruin the movie for anybody, but I really need to discuss it. Its 3 AM, so I'm off to bed, but I'd be interested in hearing what other people think.

I absolutely loved the scene with Yoda and his duel with Count Dooku, that was totally amazing and its great to see him as a true jedi master. The whole audience was yelling and going crazy durning the fight.

The Clones (Storm Troopers) coming to the rescue was amazing, those armored transports reminded me of WWII bombers. That had to be the best battle scene yet from any of the movies.

I didn't really like the lines C3P0 had, way too corny. But JarJar wasn't remotely as annoying as in the first one.

Over all, I need to go back and see it a few more times, because so much was happening, I know I missed something.

Oh, and I only saw 1 person dressed up in costume, a bad one at that of Darth Vader.

2. macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

JarJar rules! but I suppose he is annoying, although I really like him :)

Ensign

3. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Some drunk idiots were sitting behind us, one of them had a JarJar hand puppet. Sorry, I don't like him, too obnoxious for me, character, mannerisms, etc.

There was so much more going on in this movie, if JarJar had tagged along like in the first one it would have ruined it.

4. macrumors 6502a

hey, i havent seen the movie yet, but one of my friends who is like totally crazy about blizzard (who hasnt seen the movie yet, either) said that he heard that there was a zealot from sc in it... have no idea about the truth of it.. haha

5. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Jar Jar must DIE!!! A slow, lingering, painful death at that. THAT would make any Star Wars movie worth seeing. :D

I have a full case of ammo with Jar Jar's name all over it.

6. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He's still alive, sorry to say, but he doesn't get more than a few minutes tops on screen. He probably won' t be around in episode III, but who knows.

This movie is a must see if you even remotely liked any of the others.

7. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Alpha...I'm completely with u....

why don't we just smash him with your truck?! :eek: :D

8. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Or I could make you 'tar, where you take him out on your bike....:D :D

9. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

How about a tripple hit?? First, shoot him, then hit him with the truck, then run over what is left with the motorcycle. :D That sounds like a good combo to me.

10. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ha ha ha!!!!

I was waiting for u to get back in on this... :D :eek: :p

11. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He get's shot, stands back up, gets hit by the truck, wobble back up, you ride by with a lightsabre, slice--------

12. macrumors 68000

mcrain

I don't know if anyone noticed, but during the music where Ani is with his mother, where he is in Lars house and ranting about fixing things and wanting to be the best ever, and finally where he and Padme are on the field, interlaced into the classical music was the Imperial march.

Also, did anyone notice that Dooko was far more impressed and scared of Ani's skills than even yodas? The way they did the ani dooko fight was far more mental and mood oriented than showing the skills, whereas with yoda, it was more of two masters fighting, and both being equally or nearly equally as good.

I bet ani ends up being far far superior to dooko, yoda, and any of them (obviously he does end up killing them all)

13. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Yeah, the imperial march was great foreshadowing, I think I chuckled the first time I heard it.

I think the fight between Ani and Dooku was very one sided. Dooku had no problems taking him out. But Ani will have to replace Dooku as #2, the emperor and Darth Vader are the only ones around in the original series.

14. macrumors 68000

mcrain

Oh I disagree, I don't think the fight was very one sided. Luke was extremely powerful in the force, as was his father, but his skills were no where near what Vaders were when they fought. Vader beat Luke, but had a great deal of respect for the power in the force that Luke displayed. A father's pride.

Dooko's fight with Ani was similar. It was longer and more evenly matched than the fight with the more trained jedi, obi wan, and almost as evenly matched as the very powerful in teh force Yoda, and nearly as long.

The key to it was that Dooko figured he could easily beat the padewan, and at the conclusion of the fight had a look on his face that showed his shock at how good ani was, and how powerful he was, and even, that he felt somewhat lucky to have won.

On the other hand, he knew Yoda was good, Yoda was his master. He knew a long drawn out fight with Yoda would be difficult (maybe not successful), and delay him from his task of getting the memory chip to Sideous. So, rather than fight Yoda, he chose to leave.

I think, as far as natural ability is concerned, Vader/Ani's power was shown, and I bet once he's refined his skills in the third movie, he will be far, far more powerful than any other jedi.

15. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Well, I'll watch the fight more carefully when I see it again and get back to you.

16. macrumors 68000

mc68k

I agree. Anakin should kill him when he turns to the darkside. "You said your last meesa, Jar Jar!!!" *whuuuum* :D :D :D

Even better, they made him effectively start the empire! That's gotta be the ultimate insult to that character. :D

Off to see a 11:15 showing again. Portman *drool*

17. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Portman is a cutie, that's for sure. She does a good job of taking out the toothy beast as well. Nice character to play, I imagine. I wonder if she'll get much success outside of Star Wars. Carrie Fisher did ok. Mark Hammel fell of the planet. Alec Guiness already was a star (call me Sir Alec).

But for the all time winners of the StarWars notoriety award, it would have to go to Harrison Ford. His career just went through the roof after plaining Han Solo.

18. macrumors 68000

mcrain

The only chemistry between portman and christianson (ani) came when she said for him to not stand so close to her. Other than that, she certainly didn't seem all that intersted in him.

I think she may bat for Cleo's team. Sigh...

19. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm married so it won't bother me, I'm only allowed to look now anyway.

A quick bio: some really intersting things I did not know.

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Portman,+Natalie

20. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Looking again around the Internet Movie Database, I came up with this link:

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0121766

Check out the 3rd to last cast member, now that is cool. The whole story is going to come together in this movie. Wow.

21. macrumors 68000

mcrain

After reading that bio I'm beginning to really think that she and Angelina Jolie in one room would give Cleo a coronary.

22. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I still don't get what's so great about Angelina Jolie, sorry. A little too weird for me.

23. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Portman's done well prior to Star Wars...

go see Beautiful Girls, and The Professional (Leon)

she's a bit younger in those movies... I think she was like 11 in The Professional... I do recommend it though...

arn

24. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I remember seein The Professional, very cool movie, but I never really thought too much about Portman, obviously because see was a child actress. I'll have to rent it again or catch it on cable now. Thanks for reminding me.

D

25. macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Its good to see a child actor/actress go beyond that and not be type-cast. She was good in the Professional, so that might be the 'force' that brings me to the movies to se E2. If she is as good as she was in the Pro. then the movie should be worth the price of a ticket (free for me this time :D).