starwars video games

Discussion in 'Games' started by jack1988, Dec 6, 2006.

1. jack1988 macrumors newbie

ok i will go first i have just finished lego star wars and it was a cool Ep 3 was the best part and i can't wait to see the film......

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I've wanted to play the Star Wars Lego games for ages now but have never got round to it. Apparently they're incredibly good, much better than any other Star Wars games.

3. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Ehhh, no way. I played Lego Star Wars 2, and didn't find it all that much fun. As a matter of fact, most of it was very annoying. Me and my friend eventually stopped playing when a bug in the game prevented us from moving forward.

There are MUCH better Star Wars games out there. Some of the very best are X-Wing and Tie Fighter (I always liked Tie Fighter better), and the original Jedi Knight.
    Knights of the Old Republic is also pretty good.

4. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Knights of the Old Republic is amazing, though it runs like crap on my MacBook Pro [prays for UB patch].

I also like the Rogue Squadron series.

5. jack1988 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which is the best game of this year and last year...in your opinion...

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Can't remember the name now, but there was a Star Wars FPS I liked, very old now. Think it was Jedi Knight. Only the demo too! Really liked that game.

Rogue Leader is my fave. First Gamecube game, remember playing it thinking "yea, this is Lylat Wars 2!"

7. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

It might have been either Jedi Knight (could be played in both 1st and 3rd person), or Dark Forces, the game that came before it.

I don't think any good Star Wars games have been released in the past year or two.

8. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Is "Empire at War" any good? From the trailers it looks good and it is suppose to be available for the Mac around Feb. I like Battlefront II were you can be a Jedi in the battles. This game should be ported to the Mac immediately with no more delay.

9. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

lego star wars is not a typical star wars game. its unique and just happens to use the Star Wars universe.

dont try to compare it with the actual Star Wars games that come out 10 a year.

Lego Star Wars is awesome, but not because its Star Wars only.

10. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I want Tie Fighter...it would be great on the consoles and on live would be fun
    but KOTOR was amazing in my opinion

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I never liked the Lego Star Wars games, they just had no gameplay to them. Wheres the challenge? I don't know if it was my version somehow being messed up but I had unlimited lives. Co-op was nice for about 20 minutes but again, with no real challenges I turned it off.

12. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

the collecting of 100% drove me to play it.

13. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I would have to say that KOTOR is the best Star Wars game I've ever played (and probably best game period). I'm looking forward to playing more (like KOTOR2, Galaxies, Emprire at War) once I get me some Windoze for my Macbook Pro. Luckly I have a G5 iMac at home that I played KOTOR on. I might still try it on this one..... where is that universal binary! And not to mentition KOTOR2 for mac?

Battlefront was definitely awesome as well. Really really good game there. Can play that one for hours.

14. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I didn't think so.

I have it for the PC and I've never played more than the 1st couple of levels.

It seemed like a piss poor RTS to me. ****** graphics. Just another lame game pumped out by the StarWarsCashMachine.

15. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I'm not a big gamer, but I would spend hours upon hours playing "Pod Racer".. and if they had a Mac version I could play today - I'd STILL spend hours upon hours playing...

16. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Oh Jedi Knight was awesome, I liked that game very much though once you got the lightsaber it essentially became a 3rd person lightsaber fighting game, it was awesome with the force powers and all... and multiplayer was great as well, damn now that was a good Jedi game, they got the lightsaber and force powers fighting really well.

And I think I remember playing an Ep. 1 pod racer demo for the Mac, I loved that game too but it did get boring after a while.

17. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

There is a mac version but I think it requires OS9 or Classic it was released around 2000-2001.

18. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Do you mean Star Wars: Episode I Racer? It had versions on the N64, Dreamcast, Game Boy Color, PC, Mac and Arcade if I remember correctly. I only really remember seeing the N64 version but I remember the graphics and speed of the gameplay literally blew me away when I first saw them, I'd never seen anything like them. Kind of like Goldeneye blew me away when I first saw that.

19. jack19 macrumors newbie

Is the team of starswars gonna launch a new edition of the game..????

20. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

They have bucketloads of gameplay, but they aren't super-difficult or overly long. Possibly a little on the short side, but then again they don't wear out their welcome or cost that much. And they don't have "lives" per se. If you're just going to approach them like they're old-school 2D platformers, then you're missing the point.

--Eric

21. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

"A Mac version I could play today" implies (and his signature confirms) that he doesn't have a Classic-capable system.

22. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Oops, my mistake. Maybe there was an OS X patch releaed:confused:

23. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Star Wars games I've enjoyed over the years:

1. Episode 1 Racer (podracer) - this game was an absolute blast on the N64 (though I did play it at the arcade and on the dreamcast.....just not the same). Friends used to come over to our apartment and disappear for 4 or 5 hours at a time and next thing we knew they were coming up from downstairs in my bedroom from playing podracer :) The 2nd version of this game which released on the PS2 was a joke though.

2. Knights of the Old Republic/KOTOR2 - GREAT games - I have these on the Xbox and these are one of the few games my wife has actually gotten into. Both of us love these games.

3. Jedi Knight Jedi Academy/Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast - I've played through these on both the Mac and my Xbox. These are very fun games especially d/t the freedom of lightsaber action and of course the mods on the Mac version.

4. Episode 3 - Hack and slash game which unlocks a lot of Star Wars prequel and a few episode 4-6 characters for 2 person fighting.

5. Jedi Power Battles - I remember renting this on Playstation with a friend and not liking it much. Then I bought a dreamcast and the graphics were ALOT better and this game was tons of fun. Another hack and slash.

6. Lego Star Wars Episodes 1-3/4-6 - Great, simple, fun games....nothing more needs to be said.

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No, I'm approaching them like any other game (non-puzzle) I own; you can lose if you don't try hard enough. There is no gameplay in that. Go play Doom with IDDQD on and tell me how lifeless that is compared to non-god mode on an adequate difficulty level.

They are fun, but with the only challenge being to 100% it then it sorta fails on many levels and puts itself up as an interactive screensaver. Games normally are supposed to get the player to increase their playing skill as they adjust to the difficulty curve. Final Fantasy with god mode on... urgh.

25. jack19 macrumors newbie

I want to know is Star wars lego II is due to release or has released already in the market of britain.