STATES!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by cslewis, Apr 4, 2005.

1. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Yeah! I'm really excited about making it to National History Day's state competition, held at Penn State University. :D National History Day is a competition for 6th through 12th graders. Students from the Junior (6-8) and Senior (9-12) divisions can enter the contest by themselves, or individually. They can produce one of four different projects; a display, a documentary, a play or a paper, and all projects have to fit into a theme. This year's was "Communication in History; the Key to Understanding". We created the 10-minute film in iMovie in a group, in the junior division. Our documentary was about Norman Rockwell's four freedoms series, based upon Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Four Freedoms speech.

So when we were finished with our project, we took it to the regional competiton for our region. We finshed 2nd in our division, junior documentaries. In fact, out of all the awards given, my school won over half of them. The first place group from our division, from our school, did the Woodstock Music and Art Festival. It wasn't a very good movie, but the judges loved their topic. Oh well. As stated earlier will be going to the State Competion May 11-12. I can't wait!

http://www.nhd.org

http://www.outreach.psu.edu/C&I/HistoryDay/

2. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

Congrats. I know a few kids who are going to state. Good luck! It's always good to have something "Made on a Mac" in big competitions like that.

3. cslewis thread starter macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Thanks. :D Some of the kids from other schools had a lot of technical problems with their windows media films they were projecting onto screens from laptops. Stick with DVD or VHS, I say.

4. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

HAHA, sucks for them.

5. cslewis thread starter macrumors 6502a

cslewis

It was sort of sad...

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Congrats. Can you provide a link to the winning videos. Looked briefly, but didn't see anything that I could watch.