Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShermDog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Chicago
Has anyone tried using the latest Windows version of SPSS, LISREL, and/or HLM in Parallels? Do these programs run well and with full functionality?

I'm getting tired of how SPSS goes through 2-3 full updates of SPSS for Windows and only updates the Mac version of SPSS once during that same time span. To make things worse, sometimes the data, output, and syntax files don't transfer well between Windows and Mac versions (I use the Mac version at home, and Windows at work).

I'm considering just going with the Windows version since they see more frequent and substantial updates than the Mac version, but I don't want to have to run out and by a PC for home.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

chatoyer

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
Te Wai Pounamu, New Zealand
Yep, I run SPSS 13 for Windows in Parallels. Works fine. I allocate 768MB of RAM to Windows in parallels, and when using SPSS that will be the only application only in teh windows environment. Also, on the Mac side I generally keep only a small number of applications open as well.

ShermDog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2004
Chicago
Yep, I run SPSS 13 for Windows in Parallels. Works fine. I allocate 768MB of RAM to Windows in parallels, and when using SPSS that will be the only application only in teh windows environment. Also, on the Mac side I generally keep only a small number of applications open as well.

Thanks...any experience with LISREL or HLM?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.