Status on TiBooks?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by macktheknife, Jan 24, 2002.

  1. macktheknife macrumors 6502a


    Jan 24, 2002
    Does anyone know when the price of the G4 TiBook will drop? I'm itching to buy the 550 G4, but if the price drops just enough, I'm willing to plunk some cash for the 664. I heard a rumor that new models will be introduced in March. Any truth to this? Should I wait or just get the darn thing?
  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus


    Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I don't think anyone's really sure when we'll see the next revision of the TiBook. We're all awaiting the arrival of what's either going to be a faster G4 or the mythical G5. Safely, I'd assume that's not going to be until later this year....which I'm sure we'll see the TiBook get upgraded at that point. There's usually a price drop when Apple is about to unveil something new....

    patience is the key...

    if u can get a good price on the current model and u really need it, go for it...

    otherwise wait it out...u will be glad u did :p

Share This Page