Stay on case, heat problems? macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by joebells, Jul 17, 2006.

1. joebells macrumors 6502

Oct 24, 2005
    Hi I have a white macbook and am looking exhaustively into cases for it. My current thinking is a stay on case for usage and a brenthaven case with their core tech for transporting it.

But I was kind of worried about the machine being able to adequately cool itself if its completely covered by a stay on case primarily the large vent on the back and the bottom. But really there are no vents on the bottom and the vent at the back seems to put most of its heat out between the hinge and the macbook. So does anyone think it would be a big heat problem for it to always be in a neoprene type case like one of these

or maybe one of these

I don't imagine much heat is shed through the bottom as plastic isn't really a conductor. I really didn't think getting a case would be such a time sucking experience.
  2. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Mar 31, 2006
    Manhattan, New York
    I never really understood those cases. I have the top-loading incase case and it's just as easy for me to pull it out of that, and rest the system on top of the case so I don't fry my sperm

To answer your question, yes, I think that case poses a problem for the macbook.