Staying Home On Tuesday??

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by coolant113, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

coolant113

Anybody staying home from work or school on tuesday to stay on top of Macworld announcements... i am staying home from school.. and having a Macworld Party.. lol Sounds geeky i know but idc:apple::apple:

2. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

has it happens I will be off work on Tuesday. I get down with school at 11AM CST. So i will have two hours or so until the keynote.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Truthfully, if I found out one of my employees stayed home sick for something like this I would write them up. That is in the event they lie to me so they can stay home and watch some lame keynote that will be available to watch online after they get home.

I know, it sounds harsh, but my work ethic seems to extend far beyond Apple's announcements.

4. Guest

eric55lv

5. macrumors 6502a

gusapple

I'll fail my classes if I miss one day... I guess that I'll have to stick with making waffles and watch it on my iPhone... Sigh:(

6. macrumors 68040

queshy

I won't skip class but I certainly won't be listening in my class - I'll be watching the keynote updates from my mbp!

7. macrumors 68000

Silencio

I'm self-employed; makes it really easy to block out a couple of hours on my schedule to dedicate to the keynote! :D

8. macrumors 68000

thechidz

9. macrumors member

I can't miss school, and my school has barely any Wi-Fi access and my Touch can't log onto their servers either. Luckily I'm borrowing my sister's laptop so I can find out what was announced and then order what I want. It sucks but I'll cope.

10. macrumors 65816

cbrain

I won't be staying home. Macworld dosent start until 17:00 over here anyway.

11. macrumors 68040

takao

and for central europe it's 18:00 i think .. (not that i have to leave the house tomorrow anyway)

first following the livestream, then lot's of discussion hopefully and then watching the delayed stream

12. macrumors 68020

sunfast

Sure I'm excited but staying home seems like a waste of holiday!

I'll get the updates when I get home (it starts at 1700 here anyway)

13. macrumors 6502a

johny5

I work from home every other week and this falls good this week :)
    Have to wait till 5pm in the uk tho :(

14. macrumors 6502a

Well I'm holidays anyway so I won't be needing to miss any school. Although, here (Australia) it starts at 4 am on Wednesday so I'll just wake up and straight away watch the keynote that will have been posted by apple. No 'macrumorslive' for me, just SJ goodness.

15. macrumors 6502a

thesdx

16. macrumors regular

First day of class for me, but I will be getting SMS updates on the iPhone, and if able order on the phone too.

17. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It starts at 5:00pm in the UK, just as I finish work.

I get back home by 5:15 just as the first feeds start to come through.

18. macrumors 6502a

I won't be skipping school for this. It's not THAT serious, besides websites will be detailing updates by the minute and you can always watch the keynote later.

Whatever Apple announce will be available for order later in the day, the next day and so on...no need to skip just to be the first to click the buy now button. LAME.

19. macrumors 6502a

I am off work at 8am (CST), and it isn't until 11am here, so I'm going to stay up and watch it. But in the past I've called in sick!!! Better believe it.

20. macrumors member

I feel sick... I'll be better by Wednesday though ;)

Btw, Jessica is a spoilsport :mad:

21. Mal
    macrumors 603

Mal

Nope, but I get to follow it at work. Lots easier than in class where I have to keep from paying too much attention.

jW

22. macrumors regular

kevinbal

Ugh, we got a Nor'easter here in New England a day too early!

Unfortunately today was the snow day, so tomorrow I'll actually have to go in and teach, rather than watch the keynote. Oh well! Happy Macworld Keynote Day everyone :)

23. macrumors regular

Haha, calling in sick or skipping school for this? How low can you go?:p

24. macrumors 6502a

Personally, MW means a lot to me and this will be my 10th (TENTH!) MacWorld January, and like my 19th or 20th MacWorld total. So you know what, you people who have kids that get sick who expect to be able to call off from work, that's great, but MW is kind of like my kid. I don't have kids. Some people have kids, some have pets, and I have Macs. So how dare any of you for judging me. ;)

(Only half-serious... but honestly, it's not your employer's business why you are having a 'personal' day. Jessica is actually an unethical boss for caring why her employees call off. Now, it is kinda nasty if they make up a story about being sick, but still, not her business as an employer.)

25. macrumors 6502a

werd! Jessica is NOT cool!! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.