Staying up all night, need help.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by crazycat, Dec 13, 2005.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

Me and some friends decided to stay up all night. We will be watching tv, talking and having fun and in the morning we will go to the beach. Would 10 cups of coffee do or do we need somethign else? any tips?

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

In college we would do alot of bong hits.:rolleyes:

oh yeah, have good snacks too.
    Never found coffee to help stay awake, it just makes it harder to fall asleep.

3. bartelby macrumors Core

I'd have thought the TV, talking etc would be enough to keep you awake.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Yeah, they go hand-in-hand. :p

Personally, just make sure you keep yourself occupied. TV and movies aren't the best idea. Stick with interactive stuff and it's pretty easy.

5. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

That would make me fall asleep lol.

6. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

+1

Movies and TV will knock you right out.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

Why are you doing this again? So you're exhausted and can fall asleep while you're at the beach?

If you're really having fun, as is your intention, you shouldn't need any other help. If you're not having fun, then, well, maybe you should just go to bed. :p

8. job macrumors 68040

job

9. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

When I want to stay up I watch a horror film or a documentary on a murder or somthing, scare yourslef awake....

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

wow the fact that i stayed up two nights with friends just playing NHL 2006 and Battlefront 2 and going to breakfast and lunch without needing any caffeine means that you shouldn't need any either.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

That might work for a while, but I'd never be able to stay awake for the rest of the night. :p

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, a few coffees and a good distraction's all it takes to keep me awake all night.

Remember kiddies, sleep if for the week.

13. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Not to sound like a granny or anything, but do be careful about how much coffee you drink in a short amount of time. I've worked at coffee shops for awhile now and a couple times have had to call 911 to help people who have taken a bit too much an advantage of the all-you-drink policy and started having heart palpitations. One was diabetic, to be fair, and should only have been drinking decaf, but nonetheless.

14. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Last non-academic marathon I had was fueled by Mario Kart DS and Waffle House.

Good luck.

15. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

Ritalin or Adderall ought to to do the job. No Doze if you're stuck with OTC. A venti Starbucks in any other case.

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

ah yes telling people to do illegal things, that is great......

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

don't tube TV's and CRT monitors emit some kind of energy wave that makes replicates a humans alpha brain wave, or whatever it is that sends you to sleep?

should have paid more attention in physics :rolleyes:

the ONLY time I have ever stayed up a whole night was about 4 years ago now. My father was offered a job in Ireland, just after I settled into college. I just met my future girlfriend and we were getting on like a house on fire... if thats a good thing? and we were on the ferry coming home... we missed the first one so we had to wait until the evening ferry from Dublin. my mum paid extra for cabins but I just didn't want to sleep. I was away in my own little dream world... excited to get back to Caroline, I was travelling at night (which I love) on a BOAT with a full moon overhead. It was beautiful. A Beautiful Mind was playing in the lounge and I developed an addiction to pure orange.

Got back. first thing I did was walk into town haha. my head was a mess that day. magical!

have LITTLE sugar! after the rush there's the tiredness. there are special energy drinks with some ginko something that reduces the tiredness in the come down.

18. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Could of been worse, he could have suggested Crystal Meth or Cocaine

19. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

And if not for the week, then what?

20. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

Get some JOLT COLA, it has 3X the normal caffeine, and triple the sugar than Mt. dew..

You'll be bouncin off the walls after 2 cans...

21. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Chai Tea works for me when doing papers, but I agree with others that you guys should be able to all keep yourselves busy to stay awake.

22. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Large amounts of caffeine + sleep deprivation sounds like a recipe for massive diarrhea.

crystal meth r0x0rz!!1

23. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

Than make sure you go to the store and get some of the pink

24. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

I can't stand reading this... I have thought about staying up all night, but for other reasons: I have a ton of college work to do. Staying up all night sucks the day after if you plan on doing anything productive and feeling alright. From experience I've learned to avoid staying up all night, especially when I have an exam the next day because it's very hard to function. Also, the brain apparently needs 6 hrs of sleep to remember things for an exam.

Staying up all night may sound like a great idea, but you'll definately pay for it later.

Also, loading up on Caffeine usually causes me to burn out and get real tired real fast after the caffeine wears off.

25. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Coffee + Midterms/Finals = No sleep.

And hell thereafter.