Steam Games and Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jickpictures, Jul 6, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2011
    Terrible. I really don't even know what the problem is. I thought Steam just updated their stuff for Lion? Half-Life 2 lags up a storm. It seems to be alright at first, and then freezes and stutters to death at some parts. The actual steam app is just fine though.

Anyone else getting these problems from Steam games? They better fix this soon before Lion even comes out.
  2. macrumors 6502

Sep 27, 2010
    I'm actually getting better performance running Steam games in Lion. Try validating your game files and defragmenting them to see if that changes anything. You can also enable beta updates to your Steam client which may help.
  3. macrumors 65816

Jul 30, 2007
    This is the point of the GM. Gives the devs a head start on patching up their games before release.

So if something doesn't work, don't fret, this is to be expected.
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 4, 2010
    Left 4 Dead (the first one) is crashing for me, plays the first seconds of the intro and goes full screen but then straight up dies.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2011
    Counter Strike

Any luck playing Counter-Strike or Countrike Strike: Source? (online of course)

I will be getting the new MBA, and I will most likely play CS on low settings. Not a gamer, but just for fun - I wanna see if it works.