Steam problems.

Discussion in 'Games' started by jamesmcd, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Ok, I installed Day of Defeat. All I want to do is play my ***** game which I actually payed for, (doesn't occur very often). Steam is having issues. I can't really tell what the hell is going on with it. Firstly, it forced me to update it, on dial-up, so that took an hour. After this, it appears to be stuck with the logging on window. I did make an account, but it wont use it or something.

Dear god, I just want to play my damn game :(

My question is, can I download a crack for my, legal, game? This computer is hardly ever online.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There was a sort of uprising a while back. where people would download cracked versions of HL2 to stick it to Steam. but it's fine for me. though dial up?! I bet that hurts on Steam. I bought my games direct from it and have to download gb's of games whenever the HDD is formatted.

Because it's entirely legal to do this (you own the original) head over to http://gamecopyworld.com. I go there for my No CD patches on games like Doom 3, Sim City. There might be a patch for you. all I can say is good luck.

3. jamesmcd thread starter macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Unfortunately there is nothing for Day of Defeat on that site. I will keep looking.

Any other help is appreciated.