OS Neutral Steam sale

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by soloer, Nov 21, 2012.

1. soloer, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

macrumors 6502a

soloer

Looks like the sales have started up for the weekend! I prefixed this as Windows info because the games on sale today seemed to show as requiring Windows.. but hopefully there will be a few OS X games in the next few days.

2. SilentPanda, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012

Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

There are a fair amount of games for sale for the Mac. Not all the Steam sales are listed on their main page. You mostly need to go to the Mac section and browse there. The Walking Dead is listed on their front page though and is cross platform. So is Limbo which is a flash deal at the moment.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

soloer

Ah, I don't think I looked at the Walking Dead one as I was too lazy to enter my birthdate :) I've updated the post prefix!

4. macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I picked up KOTOR2. I've been replaying the older Bioware games and it was the only one I didn't own.

Oh and the Steam version doesn't appear to be OSX compatible. Only KOTOR1 seems to be.

5. macrumors 603

KOTOR 2 was actually developed by Obsidian, but it's still supposed to be a pretty good game. It was released unfinished, though, so it's recommended to play with the restored content mod. I just picked up the game as well, and will try playing it in Crossover. It's supposed to work, but we'll see.

Regarding the sale, if it's not a flash or daily deal, wait til the last day.

6. macrumors 68000

adder7712

Any title recommendations? Might as well add funds to my Steam wallet.

7. macrumors member

Hello.

Waiting to buy the new mac.. Is there any way to take advantage of these sales ? I.e. buy them ready for the new mac or do you need to download them immediately?

Same with Mac App Store games as COD4 is on sale for £4.50 ish

Cheers

8. macrumors 6502a

skottichan

All you have to do is purchase. You can download them (or redownload them) any time you choose. You can even purchase windows games on the mac side, and download them when you boot into windows.