Steam

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bellboy1982, Aug 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi all,

As i wait in anticipation of my very first MacBook i have a question if i may.

I currently run a few games through Steam on my Windows laptop. When i download Steam for my Mac and log in will i be able to download these games to my Mac with having to pay again?

Not sure if they would charge me for the Mac version as i bought the PC version???

Cheers

2. macrumors newbie

I do not believe they will charge you for the same game if it is compatible with a Mac.
    You just download the game and enjoy. It's just like when you buy a game in a store, it'll state if it is compatible with a Mac. Same disk, same game, same buy. It should all be good. :)

I hope you enjoy your new Mac!

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks MarcDean, i never thought of it like that.

4. macrumors newbie

No problem! Enjoy.

5. thread starter macrumors member

1 last question on this subject,

Will my Football Manager saves from my PC work on my MBA?

6. macrumors 65816

kylera

There is a feature called Cloud Sync or something like that, and it appears to sync your save files in the cloud. I wouldn't know if it syncs with all games and all platforms since I've only tried it with one PC-only game. It's worth a look.

7. macrumors regular

Don't count on it man... Not a lot of the games on Steam have Mac versions. Hence the reason why they have a "Mac" section on Steam.

8. macrumors newbie

I'm sure he is aware of the fact that there is a difference between the list of games that run on the Mac and those that run on Windows, or even both systems.
    And even if the games he wants to run on his MBA aren't compatible with a Mac, he can always run it through bootcamp.

9. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies lads.

I know there is a MAC version of FM so i'm happy with that for now.:D