Stereo Suggestions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by macbaseball, May 1, 2005.

1. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Sorry a little of topic, but my stereo broken recently and it needs replacing. I'm trying to figure out something to buy, but nothing is poping out.

Here's what I currently have:
    1) Soundsticks I
    2) Sharper Image (Here's an Auction for it.)
    3) Brookstone Alarm Clock (I also recently broke half the display but it still works.)

What I need:
    1) Something to listen to the radio on (Using headphones)
    2) Simple Alarm Clock
    3) Must be somewaht big (I would like to put it on a table)

Optional:
    1) CD Player
    2) Airtunes Compatible (Sorry I forgot what the jack's called)

Price Range: Probably under $200.

Any suggestions. I was thinking about a Bose, but I wasn't sure if it's worth it.

2. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Yeah, I've got the Bose Wave sans cd player. Got it as a gift. Aesthetically, the white isn't iPod white, more like guano white. Definitely does the trick in my pad.

Looking back, if I would have had a choice, I would've gone for the Cambridge Soundworks designed by Kloss. Not sure if this is available anymore. It was retailing for $199 which is $150 less than the Bose and was supposedly comparable. You might want to look around for it online.

Something rubs me wrong about Bose. Any company that sues Consumer Reports for a bad review and wins...

3. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll get that unless someone comes up with something better/cheaper. I like that it doesn't have a CD player, but it does have a AUX port. That will work out well because I save money, and I wasn't going to use the CD player anyways. Assuming I get it, all I need is another Airport Express (My third).