Steve Ballmer Mocks iPhone-Toting Microsoft Employee

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by brent0saurus, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

brent0saurus

Click here to read a quite amusing story about Steve Ballmer pretending to smash an iPhone owned by one of his employees.

Also, if you have a Digg account, please Digg it! I'd love for this to hit the front page!

2. macrumors 68000

Fizzoid

Maybe he should focus his efforts on getting Windows Mobile to actually work! :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

What a tool. At least bill gates was cool calm and Collected most of the time

4. macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If anyone puts my iphone on the ground they will be the ones being stomped on!

5. macrumors 6502

I always found Steve Ballmer funny. Especially after seeing Pirates of Silicon valley. But sometimes he is a little to over the top!

I do like how mellow Bill gates is though. He is a total nerd but he just seems really sweet :eek:

6. macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Non-digg/blog direct link. Why do people feel the need to have clicks routed through their crappy blog to get to a story?

On topic: Ballmer is a raving maniac, but it sure is fun to watch him act like an ass.

7. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

From what I can tell it is more not to Humiliate the guy but just to ralley the troops so to speak. Depending on how it was done a lot of people could see it as it was all in good fun.

8. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Steve Ballmer Mocks iPhone-Toting Microsoft Employee

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    An alleged photo of Ballmer taken with the borrowed iPhone, courtesy of Engadget

Techflash reports that Steve Ballmer playfully took an iPhone from an employee at a company meeting in Seattle yesterday and then pretended to destroy it:

A couple of Microsoft employees mentioned this incident via Twitter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Article Link: Steve Ballmer Mocks iPhone-Toting Microsoft Employee

9. macrumors 6502

How old is Ballmer? Either that's a really bad photo, or he's in his mid-80's now. Then again, the iPhone does have probably the s#!ttiest camera of any cell phone, ever.

10. macrumors G3

bigandy

Mocking a product that's not only well designed* but also very successful, while your own attempts in the market are as feeble and bin-worthy as theirs are is just a little dumb.

But what else have we come to expect from good old Ballmer?

* With lots of room for improvement, obviously

11. macrumors 68020

Look, I like Windows 7. I like Windows 2008 Server, a lot. But Windows Mobile is absolute dog poo. Worst mobile device OS available right now.

Ballmer has no room for being angry at anyone but his own company for someone wanting to use an iPhone (or Blackberry, or Pre, or Android, or Symbian, which are all way better than WM6.1 and 6.5 Beta).

12. macrumors 6502a

At first I thought it was Balmer getting booed for what he was doing, but I assume it was the iPhone/employee that was getting booed?

It would have been better if the employee was a member of the Windows Mobile team :D

13. macrumors member

Well I guess "if you can't beat them mock them" is the new slogan at Microsoft. Funny thing is it takes Ballmer to "destroy" an iphone when Microsoft products destroy themselves.

14. macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

This is stupid. How is this macrumors news? Just sounds like he was trying to be silly.

15. macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Ballmer doesnt really have to try at that.

16. macrumors 6502

Don't be idiots. He was clearly joking around. I'm sure if Jobs had a sense of humor he'd do the same thing with a blackberry, pre or windows mobile phone.

17. macrumors regular

RaZaK

well-played...

lol, big_malk FTW :D

18. macrumors 6502a

optophobia

[​IMG]

19. macrumors 6502a

Nah, they wouldn't have hired stupid people in the first place ;)

20. macrumors G3

NT1440

Exactly, I think this was just normal office type joking around, and because of the interwebz Apple vs MS feud, they played it up.

21. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

I'll admit, it was a little stupid for the employee to bring in a competing product, especially if you're taking a picture of YOUR BOSS with it.

On the other hand, if I were Steve Ballmer, I'd think why would one of my employees want a rival's product instead of our own & try to make my own product better rather than bashing the rival product.

22. macrumors 6502

You know, this reminds me of something Southwest Airline's cofounder used to do - he frequently took competitors' planes. Why? He wanted to see what they were doing right and wrong.

Couldn't the same be said about a Microsoft employee with an iPhone or an Apple employee with a Blackberry or WinMo device?

23. macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm not surprised by his behavior. in fact, i'm surprised that he didn't smash it

24. macrumors 65816

Consider, if you will, Godzilla.

He merely attempts to taste what is good and what is bad about the cities.

And then creates his own city afterward.

If they had let him.

Why! Why can't they just let him build his city! .... a city of super lizards! WITH ATOMIC RAY EYES!? AND JELLEYBEAN DISPENSERS FOR EARS!!

A man can dream....

25. macrumors 6502a

I'm sure Microsoft do buy rival products to examine and copy improve upon.
    But I doubt the employee deliberately bought an iPhone just so he could see what Apple is doing right and wrong with it. Plus, it says he's in the Windows team, not the Windows Mobile team.
    This does make me wonder if he has a Mac at home!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.