Steve Ballmer "We love to be first"

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 25, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 65816

Photorun

First? Then Apple? So he's not only an ape, he's also delusional... and a big fat sweaty lying sack of ****!

3. macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I usually don't comment on stuff like this, but he bugs the crap out of me. Even if I wasn't an apple fan, his avoidance of that opening question shows how childish he really is. Like a stubborn little kid.

Someone needs to punch me in the face for reading that interview. At least it'd feel better.

4. macrumors 68040

Daveway

Ballmer is back! Everyone duck to avoid the lies. I can't believe that moron lied to the reporter and himself. Its like saying Edison didn't invent the light bulb, it was his rival across the street who made his own variation years later. Ballmer just doesn't get it. He doesn't know what he's talking about in term of Apple and Linux.

5. macrumors G5

nagromme

You love to be first, but...

At least the article--which opens by calling Ballmer "revved up, voluble, funny, charming"--goes on to call him on his lie:

When Ballmer gets talking about how Microsoft must be first with technology innovations — which, so far in Microsoft's history, has not often happened — the exchange is more like vintage pugilistic Microsoft.

Ballmer: "You've got to be not just first in an area; you've got to be first with important innovations even in areas that you've pioneered."

USA TODAY reporter: "Well, you guys have proved over and over again being first is not necessarily ..."

Ballmer: "We love to be first."

Reporter: "You love to be first but ..."

Ballmer: "We love to be first."

Reporter: "You certainly weren't the first — you know, I mean, here looking at your ..."

Ballmer: "We love to be first. Well, our big success is Windows. We were first. Windows, we were first — and then everybody faded out because there was a period during which the concept was — I mean, Apple stuck around with their concept of that, but everybody else faded out, basically."

Tech people must be scratching their heads. Windows wasn't the first graphical user interface — that was invented by Xerox and was first made popular by Apple Computer. Microsoft didn't have the first browser or video player or cell phone operating system.

Why do I hear a Dalek voice whenever he says "WE LOVE TO BE FIRST"?

6. macrumors newbie

Da-nile isn't just a river in egypt!

What a freakin' idiot.

7. macrumors regular

[​IMG]

8. macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Maybe the writer just misunderstood him...

I'm sure what he actually said was, "We'd love to have been first." ;)

9. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Thought everybody would love the article. Geez Ballmer spiels some ***** doesnt he.....

10. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Clearly MS are running scared...this crack, early ones about ipods and piracy promotion etc...A CEO of an organisation has NO excuse for such lies. MS's only real threat is Apple and its not a threat they can ignore any longer. Ballmers feeling the pressure and he doesn't appear to be handling it well at all...

11. macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Ha! That kinda penance is both disturbing .. yet somehow appropriate. I'll need one now having read the thing.

Ballmers level of insane delusion does seem to worry me ... and they say Jobs has a Reality Distortion Field ..... yoiks.

12. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

RDF, no way, more Reality Distortion Universe, this guy needs counselling, only thing is he wouldn't listen. It's a sad reflection on the corporate world that people like this can be so out of touch with the overview, and still command huge salaries... you'd find more sense in primordial soup.

13. macrumors 68040

maya

I say you should be the first to do what you preach, the MR team is right behind you as well. ;) :)

14. macrumors G5

nagromme

MS doesn't have to worry about Apple for a LONG time.

They do, in the LONG run, have to worry about many other companies--and Apple is one of them.

15. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

That just made my day. :D

irmongoose

16. macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I know what your saying however there is considerable doubt that Edison did invent the lightbulb.He certainly was that best at claiming he invented it.

17. macrumors 68030

munkle

;)

Attached Files:

• 604.jpg
      604.jpg
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
  18. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Now that was funny! ;)

19. macrumors 601

Diatribe

Hehe, mine too. :D

What the heck is this supposed to mean? This man cannot even talk straight... :eek:

20. macrumors 6502a

iJaz

HAHAHAHA!!!

21. 24C
    macrumors 6502a

That made me laugh too, cheers for that. :D

22. macrumors member

Chobit

... I think he means "we were first to release microsoft windows." And through that kind of logic they can be first in lots of things in their happy little world.. First to release Microsoft XBOX, first to release Microsoft Office, first to release Microsoft intellimouse etc. etc. etc.

23. macrumors 68020

srobert

I'd buy a "Balmer and his Balmerism" book in a jiffy. It would be a hilarious read on the can.

I think Balmer's delusions are funny. The scary part, is that some people will believe him.

24. macrumors regular

They missed their chance to be the first to release the source for win2k though. ;)

25. macrumors 68020

daveL

Let's not forget the LAN (Novell), the word processor (Word Perfect), the spreadsheet (Lotus), the Internet (everybody before MS), a multi-processing OS for microprocessors (Unix), ...