Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Here's a stingray that's apparently, not that harmless -

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) -- A leaping stingray stabbed an 81-year-old Florida boater in the chest, authorities said Wednesday, leaving its poisonous stinger lodged close to his heart in an incident recalling the one that killed Australian TV naturalist Steve Irwin last month.

Fire Department officials in Lighthouse Point, about 30 miles north of Miami, said James Bertakis was in a small recreational boat with two grandchildren Tuesday when the spotted eagle ray leaped aboard and struck him.

(taken from cnn.com)

Leaping out of the water and striking in the chest? Maybe there's some sort of stingray community and they all get inspired by another.. or watch tv :eek:

fitinferno

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
London, UK
vniow said:
I just found this video off of Digg. It seems appropriate to post it here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5MppLxCVr9k

That was such a good video. And oh my gosh, the passion. I can only dream that I'll have that kind of passion when I get into the working world. Rocking up the policy side supporting the kind of stuff that he tried to do...we do need to save the things we love. And so many ppl just don't understand the value of that :(

Music_Producer said:
Here's a stingray that's apparently, not that harmless -

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) -- A leaping stingray stabbed an 81-year-old Florida boater in the chest, authorities said Wednesday, leaving its poisonous stinger lodged close to his heart in an incident recalling the one that killed Australian TV naturalist Steve Irwin last month.

Fire Department officials in Lighthouse Point, about 30 miles north of Miami, said James Bertakis was in a small recreational boat with two grandchildren Tuesday when the spotted eagle ray leaped aboard and struck him.

(taken from cnn.com)

Leaping out of the water and striking in the chest? Maybe there's some sort of stingray community and they all get inspired by another.. or watch tv

That was really shocking to see this report. And such a horrible thought to have w/it of why does the 41 year old guy who has so much more to live for die when the 81 year old, who may have some more to live for fair enough, but has had a good amount of time on this planet not die?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.