Steve Jobs 50th!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by skubish, Feb 21, 2005.

1. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Happy Birthday Steve!

2/24 is Steve Jobs' 50th birthday. I wonder
    if Apple will annouce anything special for the day.

What would you give Steve for his birthday?
    I think I would give him a 2-button mouse.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd give him a G5 PowerMac with Panther. He goes on about them all the time! Then again, he might already have one... :rolleyes:

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i would give him a bottle of old spice,

isnt that what you buy every 50 year old?

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

A cellphone, with iSync capability that's actually is easy to use and just has the basic functions, like the SE z200 only with Bluetooth, and a big fat Apple sticker slapped onto it... ;)

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I agree, he deserves one after all those years with a one button :p

6. iGary Guest

iGary

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Surviving cancer might have a way of doing that to you.

Someone should get him a Sony Walkman (the original one), and some scratchy tapes. :)

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

We could take him to eat so that he could get his senior citizen discount. :p

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Happy birthday steve, i just wonder if he would ever see something like this

makes you wonder if he reads the rumor sites

10. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

For a guy 50 years old, he's accomplished a lot. Happy Birthday Steve!

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

One thing that he probably doesn't' have that we could give him is a membership to AARP.

A thought that just occurred, since his birthday is on the 24th, maybe that is the reason Mac OS X release dates being on the 24th. At least that is the case so far. Kind of a continual gift to himself.

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Wdlove is right, and after the 1st half of the year announcement, I can only say that tiger comes the 06.24 ... it's friday! BTT: Steve looks ok for a 50 y.o guy, a lot of things done, a kind of example...

13. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Let's all chip in and get him an iPod shuffle. I hear they make pretty cool gifts. ;)

14. skubish thread starter macrumors 68030

skubish

I wasn't aware of this. What kind of cancer did he have?

15. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

A few months ago he took some time off of work because he had surgery to treat a rare (and less deadly than normal) form of pancreatic cancer.

16. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yeah they gave him a better than normal 5 year outlook (for those who have beaten pancreatic cancer). Makes you wonder what happens beyond that time frame...

17. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Happy 50th birthday Steve!. I'd give him a new Powerbook and a iTMS gift cetificate and surviving his cancer (lucky his type of pancreatic cancer was rare and less fateful than others).

18. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

Impressive post iGary - think about it! Hardly in keeping with the spirit of Steve's birthday and this thread. I doubt that your nasty comment made Steve feel any better, did not make any of us feel better - did it make you feel better for some odd reason? Steve's inner look as well as his visionary leadership have gotten Apple back on track and where it is today. IMO - he looks fine for his age.

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to your looks and resume of significant accomplishment.

19. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

50 maxed out x-serves with a 64oz colt 45 (i mean 50).

20. Chubypig macrumors 6502

Happy b-day Steve! I have a question: is his name pronounced Jobs as in "I have a job, an occupation" or like "robes", as in "I have many robes in my closet" except with a j instead of r?

21. cyanide macrumors regular

cyanide

its pronounced Jobs, as in "I have created lots of JOBS for lots of people" heh.. okay, he has had to let some go too. Anyway.. does anyone else feel that being a Mac user you are somewhat more... i don't know exactly..."tied" to the CEO of your computer company? I mean, how many PC users do you know that LIKE Bill Gates? I honestly don't know any, they just use his software. I feel like we are lucky to have a guy like Steve as our CEO, because he is the perfect combo of humble and confident. If i could get Steve anything, I would get him a simple card with the picture of the hall where he first introduced the Mac (well it introduced itself if you have seen the video footage) filled with all those people, and him in that goofy bow tie grinning ear to ear. that looked like the happiest day of his life, and i think it would be a good way to celebrate life to come. just my two cents. bye.