Steve Jobs a Greatest American.

Discussion in 'Community' started by TDM21, Jun 5, 2005.

1. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Discovery's list of Greatest Americans just ranked Steve Jobs at number 76 for creating the Apple computer and the iPod. One guy said that now 75 other people have to try to be better than Jobs.

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I highly doubt that he will make the top 25, even though he should :)

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I flipped to the Discovery Times Channel during a commercial during Unwrapped (mmm... food network) and I flipped to it about 2 seconds before they announced Steve Jobs.
    He was #76 and robbed!

One guy did say that "It was hard to find 75 Americans who have had a greater impact on the american life than Steve Jobs" or something along those lines.

I'm such a goob.. I got so excited when it was on. He got about 30 seconds, but then Steven Speilberg got like.. a full minute!

I got angry and switched back to the Food Network. Steve deserves an hour long documentary!

Viva la manzana!
    (Long Live Apple... unless my spanish has most likely failed me)

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

He would probably have been higher on that list if the Gov would have let him write off giving every school in the nation a computer. AFAIK, he only did that in cali.

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I love Food Network, but my cable was turned off last week after getting it free for two years and now I'm missing one of my favorite channels. :(

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I personally wished that WOZ was in the top 25. I love Jobs, but Woz invented the Apple computer, and was the first highly successful personal computer on the market.

Woz has given away thousands of computers to schools, and for education for youngsters. He is a nice, funny, and genuine guy, that got little credit for what he did for the Computer revolution.