steve jobs biography

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by macfreek57, Mar 11, 2002.

1. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

i'm doing a biography on the man.
    i know a lot about him (i saw the pirates of silicone valley) but i need a few more facts. if anyone has little known facts or dates or anything i would appreciate it.

thanks

2. macfreek57 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

To know about the person this isn't the best resource, I do not think he would be pleased on somebody writing about him (I know he hasn't been in the past) but I will buy it!

Try getting a copy of The Second Coming of Steve Jobs, its the best one I have found.

Ensign

5. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Based on the original poster citing Pirates of Silicon Valley as his major source of familiarity of Jobs, I assume that we're talking about a school paper vs. a professional publication.

blakespot

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

u should talk to some business school students.....they do lots of case studies on Apple computer & such...

7. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Email me

I wrote like a 2 page report, all exact. Email me if you want it.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

9. macfreek57 thread starter macrumors 6502

i got a 98 on it. it was for a serious teacher but i didn't know that it wasn't a very serious paper. he said i would have gotten a 100 had i printed it nicely: my feakin lexmark only came with a color cartridge which i have been using for everything.
    i'll attach it for those who don't have anything to do.
    warning: i'm not a bad writer, but i do sometimes BS some stuff on papers just to make it easier on myself. i haven't read it in while so this may be a false alarm (if you want to call it that).

Attached Files:

10. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

Re: steve jobs biography

For print? College level? HS level?

blakespot

11. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

12. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Only two things about him you really need to know to make a paper interesting:
    drugs
    dysentary

and i think i read he got scabies off of greasy sheets in india? it's been a long time since i read anything on him...

mentioned it once already, but Michael Morris's book The Little Kingdom: The Private Story of Apple Computer is a good look at the early days... It was written in mid/early 80's, but it's still a good read. I liked the part where Jobs layed on a rug in a vent, in a college dorm and did some damn zen thing

I'm obviously very "new age" lol

:)
    pnw

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

one of my computer science students was once a member of homebrew with the two steves...i could ask him about steve jobs for you

he tells me that steve jobs is an awful human being with little or no remorse and he is very abusive, even then (but he actually got to see a lot of the ideas from woz who he seemed to like and admire)

these characterizations of the good steve and the bad steve in the movie pirates of silicon valley do kind of match my student's stories of the two brilliant co-founders of apple inc

it does not really matter to me that steve jobs is a jerk...so is barry bonds from many accounts i have read in the sports page, but i am glad that he helps the giants win

steve jobs definitely got apple off the ground and in 97, he helped save the company...unfortunately, i think the man has lost his touch somewhat otherwise so many of us would not be so worried about the mac-pc speed gap, supply issues, and the battered stock and gloomy forecasts from the voices of wall street