Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prezasti

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
I'm very surprised that Laurene, with all of her enormous wealth, did not have a high level of security arranged while construction was going on.

Laurene thought she had Doubled Down on her level of security after she hired Tim Cook to ramp up security at her home in Palo Alto, CA. Tim Cooks said, "I'm going to Double Down on Security!" :cool:

Felix01

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2008
Go out of Texas or Alabama. Take a vacation in Canada and you'll understand that civilized people don't need weapons to live in peace.

Ah yes, the cops are only minutes away when seconds count.

I choose to go about my daily routine armed in a concealed carry manner, including being well trained and well versed in the applicable state and federal laws of self defense.

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Banned from Apple products for life. Even in this thief spends his time in prison, his name will forever be blacklisted in all stores that sell Apple devices! :D

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
60000? Did he take all the furniture or does steve jobs have like a mac pro farm or something?

Also wondering how nobody noticed anything strange happening when a guy was loading that many things into a private car??

Kaibelf

Suspended
Apr 29, 2009
Silicon Valley, CA
Is their son a piece of garbage for burglarizing a home or because it was Steve's home?

Just want to see where your moral outrage "line" is.

He's a piece of garbage because he burglarized someone's home when, judging by all accounts, he's not a street derelict or desperate. He's got a family, an education, etc. He appears to have done this just to do it.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
60000? Did he take all the furniture or does steve jobs have like a mac pro farm or something?

Also wondering how nobody noticed anything strange happening when a guy was loading that many things into a private car??
It can be very easy to steal a high dollar value from a wealthy house. Paintings, high-end electronics (and I don't mean Macs), collectors items. Any of those could be one item and be worth that much.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Mods Note:

Americans use the word Burglarized, the British use the word Burgled and they both mean exactly the same thing. If you would like to carry on discussing differences in terminology could you please start a new thread.

Thank you.

GS17

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
And the most amazing item in the list of stolen goods was SJ personal ThinkPad

organerito

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
Ah yes, the cops are only minutes away when seconds count.

I choose to go about my daily routine armed in a concealed carry manner, including being well trained and well versed in the applicable state and federal laws of self defense.

I feel sorry for you. It is horrible to be always scared. It must be depressing.

trunten

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2007
The thief was doomed as soon as Flattery was on the case. Flattery will get you anywhere.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
You're disgusting.

Hint: He's kidding.

----------

Wait, did they recover the $60,000 in property?

----------

I agree, but emphasis on the word justly. That is, not punished even worse because of how high profile the house was. Apple fans all over the world will be screaming for bloody murder.

I'd call for murder if it was any house owned by anyone. Burglars are worthless pieces of @#$%.

Cavalier777

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2012
A perceived "lack of opportunities" is no excuse to steal. Ever. No matter what it is and who it is stolen from.

hey, everyone steals. doesn't make it any less wrong — just means we shouldn't cry bloody murder and just try to make things right instead.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Poor guy, he probably just needed the money to help feed his family. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm? It was probably an apple hater not a starving guy. If all he needed was to feed his family he would not have stolen $60,000 worth of stuff from Steve Job's house.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Looks like somebody put Tim in charge of security. :cool: Doubling down eh?

Last edited:

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
I agree, but emphasis on the word justly. That is, not punished even worse because of how high profile the house was. Apple fans all over the world will be screaming for bloody murder.

Exactly, if the perp. broke into Lloyd Blankfein's crib, he would get three cheers from the Huffington Post.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
In terms of security, one would think:

1.) Fort Knox
2.) Pentagon
3.) Steve Jobs' house

but apparently that isn't the case. Guess he didn't have an iAlarm on his iHouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.