Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
She did not intentionally lock herself in. The slamming of the door damaged the door's lock which trapped her in the office.

You're right. I misread the article. I still stand by my point that it's immature.

Stop embarrassing yourself!
She slammed the door, the knob broke and THEREFORE she was locked in.
What's so hard to understand??

Oh its so much better! She didn't MEAN to lock herself in the room! She just slammed the door so hard that the lock broke! its OK! Now I can act that way too!

Also don't worry about me embarrassing myself. I don't take internet forums as seriously as some people do.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Violent? Angry? Did you even read the story? Her doorknob was broken and using the bat was necessary to get her out of her office.

Using a baseball bat to get someone out of a locked room would the absolute last way I would think to do that. He could have chosen a less violent method.

I read the story. Do not accuse me of not reading it. That is insulting, and you know it.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Using a baseball bat to get someone out of a locked room would the absolute last way I would think to do that. He could have chosen a less violent method.

She was in there for an hour and a half, so they obviously tried a number of "less violent methods". At some point if nothing else is working people have no choice but to resort to more desperate measures. And I still don't know where you got "angry" from.

I guess if you read the story your response certainly didn't show any sign of that.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
She did not intentionally lock herself in. The slamming of the door damaged the door's lock which trapped her in the office.
Post #29 and I think you are the first with a high enough grasp of the English language to comprehend this.

Extremely sad.

SuperCachetes

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2010
Away from you
Post #29 and I think you are the first with a high enough grasp of the English language to comprehend this.

Extremely sad.

No. The point is it does not matter. Slamming a door in a professional office environment is every bit as petulant and immature as a shut-in.

Regardless of how one reads the sentence, it is acting out a tantrum, whether by show of angry violence, or annoyed isolationism.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So throwing a strop is now 'professionalism' .....

Kindergarten is jam packed with professionals then it seems.

----------

No. The point is it does not matter. Slamming a door in a professional office environment is every bit as petulant and immature as a shut-in.

Regardless of how one reads the sentence, it is acting out a tantrum, whether by show of angry violence, or annoyed isolationism.

Agreed.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I like googling people (I have too much time on my hands) (there's a fine line between googling/stalking (I'm still looking for it)) and find it astonishing how hard it is to find an actual image (or any other info) of "Kim Vorrath".

Urban Joe

Suspended
Mar 19, 2012
Apple would make an insanely entertaining reality TV show....I'm sensing it would come out like a cross between The Office and The Apprentice. What should it be called though?

output555

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2006
"..locked herself in." Sounds like a whiny little ass if you ask me.

No one asked you. Little wonder why you go by "impulse;" you make a jackass sexist snap judgement based on a single incident in someone's life. How many times have you lost it at work?

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I guess if you read the story your response certainly didn't show any sign of that.

Should have called a locksmith. If all else failed.

And I read the article AND my replies here showed this.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
No one asked you. Little wonder why you go by "impulse;" you make a jackass sexist snap judgement based on a single incident in someone's life. How many times have you lost it at work?

Again this is a forum where people state their opinion on things. No one has to ask my opinion on anything. How am I sexist again? I clearly said if a guy did the same thing I'd have the same reaction. It's true people can have snap judgements, I just thought this particular one was immature. I appreciate the personal insults from everyone based on my one comment because no one really has an argument. I read the article wrong at first, but slamming the door so hard that she ended up locked in doesn't really change my assessment of the situation.

I've had my share of temper tantrums but none of them have been in public after the age of 10 or so. Just my experience.

Also the "impulse" thing came from when I was in 5th grade trying to create an AIM screename at the time. Nothing to do with my behavior, but nice snap judgement there.

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
While personally I try to not let my emotions get so out of control as this, I understand it. When frustration reaches a fever pitch, it is hard to hold it in.

Someone that does this, particularly in this situation, is someone who gives a damn about what is going out the door.

I don't see it as childish, given the circumstances (a pro environment). Steve was known to throw fits in pursuit of excellence, and us humans improve and excel when pushed, not stroked. ;)

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Should have called a locksmith.

And they probably did, it's entirely possible that it would have taken hours for one to arrive. But since we don't have the details, it's way more fun to just make assumptions that all involved in the situation are horrible people and made the worst possible choices.

And it's irrelevant what you think your replies show. You're not the one who has to read them.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
And they probably did, it's entirely possible that it would have taken hours for one to arrive. But since we don't have the details, it's way more fun to just make assumptions that all involved in the situation are horrible people and made the worst possible choices.

And it's irrelevant what you think your replies show. You're not the one who has to read them.

And you are not the one who has to read your replies either.

And no matter how bad the situation was, I would never take a baseball bat to a locked door. That is just a violent action. Not really hard to realise that I would think. But Forstall was known for not being the nicest person ever so maybe it just goes with how he is as a person.

JayMarcel

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2014
Personally I believe that patience and tolerance are one of the prerequisites at work, esp in big firms like Apple.

dmax35

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
I hate to say it but Apple is now run by a bunch of Jobs wannabe morons that can't do anything right in terms of design and think that slavery is the way to innovation and profits. Long live the Magic Mouse.

Really..do you work for Apple to have such an inside scoop?

nox5

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2013
this old witch is responsible for iOS 8.0.1 that disabled cell service and turned off Touch ID, the fingerprint sensor on the home button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.