Steve Jobs' iWeb?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Feb 15, 2006.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    i know about and what not.. that site looks like it has not been updated since 2002 or something.. so steve, where is YOUR iWeb? this guy toutes products that he doesn't use in public.. kinda ironic? i also notice their is a phone number on his resume on what happens if i call that number? do i get his representative or something? :cool: :eek: :confused:
  2. aricher macrumors 68020

Feb 20, 2004
    You're talking about this site?

Ummm - you do know it's a joke right? If you call the number it's disconnected. Also, the vacation pages make reference to his wife being named Melinda. SJ's wife is named Laurene. None of his 4 kids have the names given to the stock photo kids on the website.

BTW: Did ya hear they took "gullible," out of the dictionary?
  3. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    sorry, eesh i honestly thought that was his personal website...
  4. mdavey macrumors 6502a

Nov 1, 2005
    Nonetheless, Steve and the rest of the executive should be blogging about Apple, especially now there is iWeb. Someone interviewed him immediately after MacWorld and asked him if he intended to start blogging and his response was something along the lines of "maybe in a few weeks, I'm kinda busy right now".

For those that argue about the tight PR grip on Apple, there are plenty of other companies that operate with similar levels of secrecy where the higest and longest serving staff are entrusted to blog about less competitive aspects of their jobs.

Google, Sun, HP, IBM, Dell, Adobe - many of the Fortune 1000 companies blog in some form (even lame blogs written by the PR dept*), so it is kinda funny that a company that provides a blogging tool doesn't have its own blog.

* For insight into why a PR blog is a really bad idea, read "The Cluetrain Manifesto" by Levine et al. or "Net Gain" by Hagel & Armstrong.