Steve Jobs Next Disney CEO

Discussion in 'Community' started by kickapoobd, Nov 12, 2004.

1. kickapoobd macrumors newbie

Ever notice when something Steve is invested in isn't working he leaves and then comes back to run it. My guess, Steve will be the next CEO of the Walt Disney Company.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I've heard worse ideas.

Still, I'd worry about Steve spreading himself too thin. Also, he'd probably have a hard time fighting the entrenched conservatism at Disney.

3. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Was rumored on the street .... Unlikely though but weird stuff happens. If it happens, buy stock!

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I think he already has his hands full with Apple and Pixar. And he would never give those up seeing as they are pretty much his babies. Disney should know this and although Pixar and Disney go hand in hand, in the scheme of things Disney would come second on Steve's priority list. I don't think Disney would like there future CEO put them on the back burner trying to push out some sort of new iPod. :eek:

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Not going to happen. Period. That is fact and already known.

Disnery already announced that they will be promoting someone from within the organization to the position of CEO. Most likely the current President or COO (Chief Operations Officer). They really got burned in the past when they brought in outsiders to high positions, so they decided that a current executive could use a promotion.

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I am beginning to wonder how Eisner has kept his position for so long. Steve Jobs though? that would be a surprise.

7. Jaz macrumors regular

Very unlikely. Jobs is doing a great job of making Apple and Pixar the centrepieces of digital entertainment. Great equipment, great movies and online services that are getting better all the time.

CEO Apple, CEO Disney, CEO Pixar. Two are really cool titles that many execs would love to have ... the other runs Disney.

8. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

No Way

There's no way they'd consider giving Jobs access to ABC. Major network ownership is an unbelievably powerful tool, politically and socially, and no current owner will allow anyone in who could rock the conformity boat.

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Doubtful it will happen, considering the last time they hired some CEO away from an industry power player company he owned, they lost $200 million for a company worth less than that -- and the court battle is going to be ugly.

Imagine trying to hire somebody away from a company (Pixar) when they have over $2 billion dollars in stock...

10. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Free iBooks when you come! But seriously.. I mean, Steve Jobs own Disney? I like him the way he is!

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Heh heh...if he were considering it, that'd be the best reason!

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"Hello, welcome to the iTunes Music Show. Today's commercials......Non-stop, continuous dancing Silhouettes!!!"