Steve Jobs on Apple Tablet: 'This will be the most important thing I've ever done."

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Tech Crunch reports that Steve Jobs has been heard saying that the upcoming Apple tablet "will be the most important thing I’ve ever done." They report is said to come from multiple independent sources:
    Jobs had been previous quoted as being "extremely happy" with the upcoming tablet.

Apple is holding a media event on January 27th. We'll provide ongoing updates as well as a Spoiler Free page if you would rather wait to watch a video of the event yourself after it is posted.

Article Link: Steve Jobs on Apple Tablet: "This Will Be The Most Important Thing I’ve Ever Done."

2. macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

But hey, no pressure...

3. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It seems to be a consistent comment. Though we won't know until it's out. Netbook challenger for profit or something else. We can't seem to agree what the point of the tablet is.

4. macrumors 604

zap2

Oooh, I'm interested...needless to say. But thats true regardless of this report. But still nice to see.

Hopefully it will be as big as this rumor suggests.

5. macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I get shivers thinking about this product.

Not only because I think it will be great and make my life more enjoyable/productive.

However, for the fact being, I think this will be the last big thing from Apple/Steve for a very long time. There just isn't somewhere else to create a completely new product / idea after this.

There wil be cool new Macs, much improved iPhones, etc.

However, this may be the last time we really see a whole new idea, a new way of doing things, from Apple, particularly Steve.

6. macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have a feeling that this should be on Page 2.

7. macrumors 6502a

Am glad to hear that

I just bought a macbook in august hopefully the tablet wont hypnotize me enough to buy it :rolleyes: maybe if it cost around $500 dollars i be first to get it :p

8. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I'll be in SF on Wednesday.

I'll be in SF on Wednesday, listening for spontaneous cheers erupting throughout the city.

9. macrumors 65816

benlee

I think Apple normally has a difficult time satisfying all the hype, but this tablet is just too much.

I can't wait to see what they unveil ,but its going to be tough to live up to the hype.

10. macrumors regular

I have also had the feeling that this was Steve Jobs "most important thing" he has ever done. He put so much time (many years) into this device and platform (software/hardware).

I look forward to see what he, and his Apple teams, have come up with on the 27th.

11. Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

For me, the trick to being able to appreciate whatever announcement that is made, is to not make any prejudgments based on all the rumors. I'll watch the event with fresh eyes and ears and forget the rumors so I can simply appreciate whatever comes for what it's worth. I may really like the tablet, or I may pass on it like the iPhone. I'm OK with it either way. Though, if Jobs truly is this excited about it, then I'll likely be satisfied with it.

12. macrumors 65816

Rot'nApple

Well then, here's wishing you the best success! :apple::cool:

Better than the Mac Cube or Hockey Puck mouse... :rolleyes:

13. macrumors 68030

Lesser Evets

Well you gotta say that... you think he's going to release some new product and say, "Well... I really don;t care about it very much."??

14. macrumors 68000

ThunderSkunk

"It just makes me... THIS intense."

Attached Files:

15. macrumors 6502a

TheSlush

WHO'S EXCITED??????? :):):):):):):):apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

16. macrumors regular

kcroy

Hear me...

tablet = speech recognition + handwriting recognition + virtual keyboard (you will rarely need to use) + facial recognition + multi-touch gestures + eye guidance + incredibly long battery life + front facing iChat camera and the CLINCHER; it will cost under $600.00

17. macrumors 68040

If this quote is true, then this tablet is going to be something very special. Jobs might be thinking that the entire computer and media industries will be changed because of it. I cannot wait until Wednesday.

18. macrumors 68000

ThunderSkunk

"I know it's exciting for you, but it's like that for me ALL THE TIME."

Attached Files:

19. macrumors regular

interstesting

What was once only going to be used for bathroom reading is now the most important thing he has ever done? I'm impressed. :eek: OTOH, I'll be getting one. Here's to hoping the UI will be opened enough to have a LCARS interface, I really want to get my geek on.

Bentov.

20. macrumors member

this is what i've been thinking about the tablet to. i think the speech recognition will be the most revolutionary part about the tablet. idk about the under $600 part though haha.

21. macrumors 603

SkyBell

If so, it better change the world. I really doubt this thing could be better then what Apple did for the computing industry in its early days.

22. macrumors 6502a

iDisk

I can't wait to see Steve on Stage!

He's such a huge inspiration to my life!!

Apple & Steve are the main actually ONLY reasons I want to move to the bay area!!!

Steve is the reason I love software so much!!!! and to some degree the way I think about Art.

I LOVE THIS COMPANY AND ITS CREATOR!!!!!!

APPLE for Life .... Steve Forever!!!!!!!!

<faints>

23. macrumors 6502a

I'm still waiting for the first city to be built around a Segway, but I'll give this thing a chance.

24. macrumors 65816

It will be heart warming to see Steve on stage again. Can't wait for the 27th :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

25. macrumors regular

Yo, Steve, you're not like Jared, eat a double cheeseburger man :D