Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lightpeak

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
BC, Canada
They heard wrong, I was at Olive Garden, one booth along, when he said this is the most important thing Ive's ever done, as in Jonathan. Steve Jobs still considers the Apple TV as the most important thing he's ever done

And did you know Jos. A. Banks is having a sale??!!

lol Sorry. Couldn't resist jumping on your Olive Garden lead.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Hype machine is definitely on overdrive-- more than anything, I want to know what purpose this thing has.

sampro

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
hey guys, will we be watching the announcement on wed LIVE or do we have to wait till its uploaded and miss the live announcement?

sampro

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2009
does anyone else have a feeling that there will be no macbook pro updates on the 27th??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Could be that he is retiring, and announcing the new CEO.... hopefully not though...
Why would Apple rent out an offsite venue to announce Steve Jobs' retirement?

That makes zero sense. Either from a marketing budgetary standpoint or a pure public relations standpoint. Plus, Steve Jobs is so competitive, I doubt that he would retire while he still has decent health. As a matter of fact, he's had cancer and he wouldn't give up. Steve would rather try to make everyone else look like idiots, even if he had a terminal disease.

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
does anyone else have a feeling that there will be no macbook pro updates on the 27th??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
You are probably correct.

Mostly because marginal updates to MacBook Pros would not merit a mention at a major product release event at Yerba Buena Center. Apple could simply issue a press release and bump up the product line with little fanfare.

AppleZwei

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
They heard wrong, I was at Olive Garden, one booth along, when he said this is the most important thing Ive's ever done, as in Jonathan. Steve Jobs still considers the Apple TV as the most important thing he's ever done

You're a poor troll.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
http://www.gearlog.com/2010/01/steve_wozniak_owns_a_nexus_one.php

Woz also has a Nexus One and a Droid in addition to a couple of iPhones. I just thought some people might like to know that he has an open mind when it comes to technology.;)

Woz is a "Gadget" man... He's the type to buy a nexus, iphone, droid etc... take it all apart and then put all of it together using different parts from each device to make a new one.... thats JUST WOZ!! Thats what he does, he's a true genius in regards to "technical, mechanicalism (if such a word existed)"

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
LMAO. This quote, true or not, has raised my excitement level by 1000%. I would buy so many shares in Apple if only I had the money and knowledge.

Normally Apple stock goes up prior to announcements and then back down immediately after, especially when hopes are raised to a stupid level that reality can't match.

It would be better if Apple downplayed things a little, then the unveiling would be better than the expectations and all the short sellers would be screwed, as they should be.

ChocoTaco

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2009
I believe the reason Jobs is saying this is because the tablet is the materialization of a ton of work he and Apple have done. This is the culmination of all that work that people have not seen or realized yet.

The iPhone was just a tiny teaser of that potential.. which is WHY the tablet is so anticipated. People see the potential the iPhone represents -- even though most people don't really understand why the iPhone is so great -- the user interface -- and how it will revolutionize how we use computers, eventually.

I see the iPhone as a teaser for the tablet.. and the tablet will be a teaser showing how all computers will use the touch system interface and customizable User Interface we have yet to see.

DonSqueak

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2006
Apparently, you have never seen a Japanese or South Korean cellphone.

Because he did not write “Mobile phones before the iPhone were confusing and clunky, especially Japanese and South Korean ones”? Mind you, I’m writing this *from* Japan.

Aspen

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2009
It's all about $$$

Yes, it may be the most important thing he's ever done and Apple probably does have a mission to improve the world however, when it's all said and done, Apple exists to make money for the owners and shareholders of stock. Of course there is going to be hype.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
Perhaps they would "wish" to be acknowledged, but if they're working at Apple they wouldn't expect it. It's always Jobs and Ive - as if no one else works there.

No doubt! :)

That said, I'm sure it will be pretty cool. But one thing is certain - whatever it is does, some will love it, some will hate it, some will be overwhelmed with it's coolness, and others will be underwhelmed. Some will hate it just because Apple made it, and others will love it just because Apple made it, regardless of the product's actual merits.

It won't and can't be all things to all people. But what matters, in the end, is how many Apple sells!

You both are making inaccurate comments based on a potential casuistic comment. That makes you both sound cretinous at best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.