Steve Jobs on Nightline - 1/9/07

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Antares, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

FYI to all: Steve Jobs will be featured/interviewed on Nightline (ABC) tomorrow (1/9/07).

2. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Oh good, I didn't miss it. When you first posted, I saw "fyi" and thought "right now". Turned on the TV and saw a stupid show, which made me turn it off right after.

3. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

Ah, yes, the infamous Jobs post-Macworld media afterglow.

It's notorious, and it's great. :D

4. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Television promos can be highly deceptive as they are designed to lure viewers to the next show. In this case, Nightline co-host Martin Bashir stated that there would be a major announcement from Steve Jobs.

Of course, it could be solely related to Macworld events ... then again, perhaps it is far more personal in nature concerning health related issues or explaining plans for an upcoming changing of the guard at Apple. It should all be very interesting.

5. iSplode macrumors newbie

OMG!!! Steve Jobs can't leave Apple!! I really hope that is not the announcement, the timing would be so bad and I'd be worried about beige computers coming from Apple again, like happened in the "dark days" of Apple's history. NOT THAT AGAIN!!!!!!

6. Supa_Fly macrumors 68030

Supa_Fly

lol yeah that and windows based Macs with no OS X lol. I think any changing of the guard will be multiple acting as one to replace Mr. Jobs! Like that dude that showcased Time Machine. He intuitively has the pinache and the love of OS X you can JUST see it in his description.

7. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Skulley still available? Just kidding!

8. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

Even if Steve leaves I doubt he will be out of contact with Apple, the dark days are over. If Steve leaves Im sure he will make sure Apple is in good hands. I have the show set to tivo, we will soon see what happens.

9. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Wonder what that news will do to Apple's stock prices :rolleyes:

10. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

11. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

I know I'm speaking after the fact here, but I didn't notice your response until now. I was just saying that it's quite common for Steve to make the rounds on the television circuit (at least CNBC) after MacWorld. He usually sums up what the announcements mean to the company and sometimes eludes to plans for the future, but usually it's a rehash of things already stated at MW.

Have no idea how this one has/is going down, though, as I'm unable to catch Nightline. I have no high hopes that anything new would come of it, honestly.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It was the same bit they showed on ABC Nightly News. I still can't believe all the people they showed camping out overnight.

13. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Oh really? Wow, that must have been boring. :p

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They gave it something like 3 minutes, so it wasn't so bad.

I noticed that the local ABC affiliate was talking about it at 11.

The local news, The Orlando Sentinel, must have been impressed by the keynote because they had Apple in 3 different sections of their website.

Attached Files: