Steve Jobs' Stolen iPad Ended Up in Hands of Local Clown

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 17, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Steve Jobs' home had been burglarized last month, with a thief entering the under-renovation house and taking over $60,000 worth of property including several iMacs and iPads, Tiffany jewelry, and Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it.

[​IMG]

Kenny the Clown (Source: Jeff Vendsel/Marin Independent Journal)
    The San Jose Mercury News now reports that one of those stolen iPads ended up in the hands of "Kenny the Clown", a local clown who performs shows for kids and tourists in the Bay Area. Kenny was given the iPad by his friend Kariem McFarlin, the thief who has admitted to his crime.
    Kenny, who says he didn't notice anything special about the iPad and simply thought McFarlin was handing down an old one to him, portrays his friend as a "nice guy who made a horrible, horrible decision".

Article Link: Steve Jobs' Stolen iPad Ended Up in Hands of Local Clown

2. macrumors 6502a

jamesjingyi

He can't be held responsible for not looking through it for stuff, he thought it was just a free iPad!

3. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

What next? A good week for Apple related issues.

4. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

there's something i've always hated about clowns.

5. macrumors 68000

greygray

Looks like.... Someone's been clowning around...

6. macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

Excuse me?

7. macrumors 6502a

"& Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it"

I'm sorry but that bit just sounds a bit too far fetched LOL. I guess cos his annual salary was $1?

Who knows whats in Steve's residence. There could have been prototype Macs or some devices specifically built for him. I know Sony use to do that for their CEO. Didn't the Walkman start out like that at first? Although since his passing its more than likely they'd have been removed

8. macrumors member

Steve Jobs' wallet with $1 in it.

So perfect. I am now imagining Steve never carried cash, except for this $1 bill, a representation of his Apple annual salary.

(Or maybe something to get quarters for the parking meter, in a pinch.)

9. macrumors newbie

Steve's dead, why would you expect there to be any money in his wallet?

10. macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Oh the irony in this! The two Steves and Jobs [then]girlfriend were clowns for awhile in their young days entertaining kids. Jobs hated doing that clown deal, too.

11. macrumors 68020

b166er

[​IMG]

12. macrumors 603

notjustjay

Truth is stranger than fiction...

13. macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

This is ridiculously close to being an article from The Onion.

14. macrumors 68040

D.T.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight ... :eek:

15. macrumors regular

I make a pretty decent salary and rarely have more than a few bucks on me.

16. macrumors 6502a

awesome

17. macrumors regular

DocStone

Remember that Steve never had a license plate on his Benz? He also parked in handicap spots without a tag on his car. Knowing that, I imagine he didn't give 2 cents about parking meters either. He was a funny guy.

18. macrumors 6502

The comments on this thread are crappier than usual. Wow. Did the bright colors on the clown picture bring out the special ones? (Yeah I bet someone is going to comment with "you commented!". Uh, sure go ahead and post that. That's about as imaginative as a "your mom" joke).

19. macrumors 6502a

phillipduran

Psssh. Steve doesn't pay parking meters. :rolleyes:

20. macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Device engineer 30+ yrs, touchscreens 24+.
    To heck with the dollar bill.

I want to hear about what kind of black credit cards the wallet contained :)

21. macrumors member

Next, Eric Schmidt's Android tablet winds up in the hands of a male stripper.

If he even owns one, that is. (Who'd want an Android tablet?)

22. macrumors 68040

23. macrumors 65816

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
  24. macrumors G5

nagromme

They’re not like you and me. The hair, the nose... I don’t think they’re even human. I don’t hate them, I just fear and respect them the way an unknown threat should always be feared and respected. Like ball lightning and giant squids. Little-understood but all too real—and maybe, just maybe, lethal. The best defense is never to sleep, as both clowns and ball lightning can pass through keyholes. (The only thing clowns have in common with giant squids is the razor-sharp beak, which you rarely get to see. Believe me, you don’t want to.)

25. macrumors 68000

aristotle

Black credit cards are so overrated. The annual fees are ridiculous and the benefits that you get are not worth the extra money. In fact, the Amex Black Card (Centurion) is not worth it because the majority of "benefits" can be had with the Platinum charge card for a lower annual fee.

Technically, any Amex charge card has an "unlimited" spending limit as long as you pay the balance within 30 days and have credit in good standing.

I have black "Unlimited" visa with a set limit for carrying charges over 30 days but you can charge as much as you like if you pay any amount over the limit within 30 days.

Many "benefits" are redundant if you have the money to pay off large purchases within 30 days.

For example, some of these cards offer priority checkin at the airport but that is what you get automatically when you purchase a first class or business class ticket so it would only benefit you if you travelled "economy" or wanted to try to buy an "upgrade" on your economy ticket.