Steve Jobs to Introduce iCloud, iOS 5, and Mac OS X Lion at WWDC Keynote

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by Ambrose Chapel, May 31, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

looks like it's ready:

Apple® CEO Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company’s annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 6 at 10:00 a.m. At the keynote, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS® X; iOS 5, the next version of Apple’s advanced mobile operating system which powers the iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch®; and iCloud®, Apple’s upcoming cloud services offering.

2. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Here is a link to the press release.

Seems like it will be big. :)

3. macrumors 601

jaw04005

Really happy that Steve will be back. Can't wait for iCloud especially if I don't have to upload my iTunes purchases.

It's a great time to be an Apple user, two new operating systems! Wohoo.

4. macrumors G3

roadbloc

Looking forward to it.

5. macrumors regular

6. macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Steve Jobs eh?, the man who only had six weeks to live in February :rolleyes:

Good to have him there. Can't wait.

7. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Steve Jobs to Introduce iCloud, iOS 5, and Mac OS X Lion at WWDC Keynote

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apple today announced that Steve Jobs will indeed host the keynote for the company's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) next Monday in San Francisco. Aside from the expected focus on iOS 5 and Mac OS X Lion, Apple's announcement also confirms that Jobs will introduce the company's "iCloud" service.
    Apple last month was reported to have purchased the iCloud.com domain name, with additional reports claiming that Apple has indeed been referring to its streaming service by that name. Apple has been said to be close to wrapping up negotiations with major music labels and publishers to allow users to stream their owned music from Apple's cloud-based servers to any of a number of Internet-connected devices.

Article Link: Steve Jobs to Introduce iCloud, iOS 5, and Mac OS X Lion at WWDC Keynote

8. macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Holy cr*p.

**** just got real !

9. macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

iPhone 5?

10. macrumors member

Seems unusual that they'd give a list of things they plan to announce beforehand. They must be really worried about people not showing up over the rumors about no new iPhone.

11. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let's hope iCloud is not only in the US!

Can't wait for iOS5! A better Notification system is all I want!

12. macrumors 65816

Eduardo1971

Wow! His holiness Steve Jobs will speak!;)

Looking forward to next week!!

13. macrumors regular

This keynote is going to be huge. Even if no Hardware is released (although I'm sure there will be something), the software and services are going to be amazing!

14. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

This is good news for geeks.:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

15. macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

Woah! So no surprises this year! We already know what they will be doing! Well here is hoping that iOS 5 will come out soon and be awesome! And I hope iCloud will be good too, with no high monthly cost.

16. macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Sweet. Hope there is a video stream available.

17. macrumors 6502

elithrar

It sold out. I think they're more concerned about drumming up media coverage—it's easy for the media to talk about a new device (a single point of focus)—but new software (as good as it is) is decidedly less appealing to viewers/visitors.

18. macrumors member

:eek:

Where is the Apple I have come to know and love? The one that keeps me guessing and feeding off rumors and supposed leaks until 10AM Pacific Time on announcement day?

19. macrumors 6502

:rolleyes: It was sold out within an hour this year.

20. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I can't remember Apple ever telling you what was being introduced at an event in a press release.

21. macrumors G3

Kilamite

I really hope Apple do a live video broadcast of this!

22. macrumors 6502a

:)

I can't wait! iOS 5 and Mac OS 10.7!, slurp!

23. macrumors 6502a

hollerz

I'm probably more excited about this keynote than any previous ones. Can't wait! :D

24. macrumors 6502a

Always to have a nice laugh in the morning. No one goes for hardware related news, hence what WWDC actually stands for... developers = software. It sold out ridiculously fast, like always.

The reason they announced all 3 is because 2 or 3 were public knowledge, and well, the 3rd, iCloud, was pretty much also public knowledge (data center). All 3 are integrated, and I'm 99.999% sure (just like Amazons EC2 & S3 uptime ;)). So it only makes sense to talk about all of them because they are deeply integrated with one another. If they are not, I'll shave my head and gee-golly wiz, you can call me a monkey's uncle.

25. macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

So iCloud.com essentially confirmed as Apple's.

What will the 'one more thing' be if all this is pre-announced?