Steve Jobs - Wardrobe Makeover

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by fartheststar, Oct 27, 2004.

1. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Just saw the pictures from the iPod / iTunes event yesterday. For all he's worth and for the fact that he works for a very high scale stylish company, Steve should really invest in some new clothes. The constant black mock turtleneck and faded blue jeans just doesn't cut it. I understand that he may be going for the whole "uniform" feel, but to me, it just doesn't work.

Maybe he could go get some kind of television wardrobe makeover. Then he wouldn't have to shell out any $$$ from his kazillions for some new shirts and pants. It's not like he's not recognizable otherwise....

2. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

He's still flying with that 'corporate beatnik' look. Works, well, i feel.

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I'm sure he's comfortable now.. anyways who wants to come as a corperate ass. :rolleyes:

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I do like his style, when I had my first day in my first work, I had my best clothes because it was with the Ph.d & I don't know how many more titles...

He was in jeans, sport jacket, nice adidas ... :eek:

that day I knew how to wear the rest of the time...

5. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Naw, it's part of the lore, the mystique. Black mock turtle, jeans, sandals, RDF, mean streak a mile wide....

7. fartheststar thread starter macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

Oh, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean he needed to dress up necessarily, just not be the "same" every time. I don't dress up in corporate clothing, but I always am in style.

We get a new form factor with our Mac products, all I meant was to get a new "clothing" form factor with Steve Jobs. I think he's good at what he does, just, maybe think he needs a bit more variation in clothing is all I meant.

8. AuPhalanx macrumors regular

AuPhalanx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think he should stick to the mock-turtlenecks and jeans. :p

Have fun... Tony.

9. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

nice bow tie ! is that a PowerBook G5 in his hands there ? lol

10. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Bill Gates was rejected by society, Steve Jobs rejects society.

At least to some extent in both cases. Interesting that they would become the leaders and founders of the computing world that we have today.

11. Edot macrumors 6502

12. AuPhalanx macrumors regular

AuPhalanx

Good catch! I was looking for one of the Steve pictures when he had the bow tie and that's all I could find without going through too much trouble.

In the one picture, that is an Apple //c. I was a proud owner of one of those. Actually, it still works to this day and is good for a quick game once per year or so.

Have fun... Tony.

13. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I think I read somewhere that he wears the same outfit everyday so that he doesn't waste time thinking about what to wear. Perhaps he read that Einstein did the same thing.

Seems to take me an extra 15 seconds to decide what to wear, if even that. But whatever works I guess...

14. fatima macrumors newbie

fatima

Its all about the image...

I totally agree. He could certainly and atleast try new colors. This seems to be a fad.

15. belair macrumors 6502

belair

fashion police!

It's not the turtleneck or the jeans, it's the design and the fabrics that look cheap.
    Look at Giorgio Armani. He always wears black trousers and a black t-shirt, designers tend to do that, that way there style never fades.

But Steve could at least get a nice well cut pair of jeans (not that 501 cut) with some quality turtleneck (kashmir or something like that).

16. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i second that.

17. atomiton macrumors regular

bowties rock.

18. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Two things:

First--Bowties are awesome. They are great accompanying a nicely-cut suit on people who aren't fat.

Second--Why comment on the man's fashion? If anything he is living proof that it is superficial and completely unnecessary for greatness, fame--hell, to some people, even sex appeal/rock stardom.

Personally I might be sad thinking that such a brilliant/lucky man would waste valuable time out of his life thinking about what to wear.