Steve Jobs's Black T-Shirt/Turtleneck

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by itcheroni, May 31, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know the brand of t-shirt/turtleneck Jobs always wears? I've been searching for the perfect t-shirt. If anyone knows, or if anyone knows of a really good black t-shirt, please share. I'm looking to simplify my wardrobe options.

2. macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Sounds like a new market for Apple.

3. macrumors 68040

Daveway

There was a thread a very long time ago that highlighted the exact same clothes he wore. I know he wears the Levi 501s. The black turtle neck is by a company that specializes in "executive" clothing, they also do cardigans and such.

Steve's turtleneck rang in somewhere around $600. So I hope your wallet is healthy.;)

4. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Weren't turtle necks out of fashion years ago for men? I honestly can say I never see a man wearing a turtle neck.

5. JNB
    macrumors 604

JNB

He actually wears a mock turtle...

Yeah, you gotta be "of an age" to know the difference, I guess. *sighs*

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

have we ever seen him in anything else besides the jean and the black mock turtle neck? pics please if you got them. i would really love to know what a $200 black shirt feels like, when it looks like u can get it at wal-mart for $5.

8. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't trust these website reports of Steve's clothes. There is no way to disprove how much he paid for his black shirt/turtlenecks since there are so many shirts that look like that. If you said it was a $500 shirt from whatever company, I couldn't disprove it, but you couldn't disprove that it wasn't a $10 shirt from Walmart.

The only way to find out where he got his shirt is if someone asked him in an interview.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

holy schmokes, i hope not. i just noticed his new balance sneakers from the recent interview and thought he might have similarly cheap shirts. but then again, if i were a rich guy, i wouldn't care how much or how little things costs, so my favorites things would probably vary that much.

10. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

He wore a red shirt in an event last year following rumors about his health.

11. macrumors 65816

Hummer

The levis 501 are way overpriced on that site. On ebay they're going for around 30 bucks tops.

12. macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have a Black French Connection U.K turtle neck and a pair of Levis that are rather close to what Steve has. Sadly the cloths and the graying of my hair was not meant to mimic Steve. It got to the point that I was being called Steve, people got confused if I wore it on any other day then Halloween. Wondering why I would dress up as Jobs. Honestly I didn't try too.

13. macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

really? didn't hear about that. when was this?

14. macrumors 68000

I must say, watching his all things digital interview- black socks and white sneakers... what a "fashion faux paux" (sp?) as my mother would say

15. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I can't remember what event it was, but it was about a year ago, may even have been WWDC '06, although I vaguely remember it being a special event.

16. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

he wore his usual getup at wwdc 2006. the only time i can recall him wearing red was his commencement speech at stanford.

[​IMG]

17. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

It was at an Apple event. he was wearing a red shirt that was done up to the neck. may have been after WWDC then. If only iGary were here still, he'd remember in a shot.

18. macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

He wore a horrible leather jacket recently.

19. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Found it, but it wasn't a red shirt so my apologies. It was a black shirt (not turtleneck) that he wore at the Showtime event where he unveiled the :apple: TV (then introduced as the iTV), which was a few months after WWDC '06 where everyone thought he looked and sounded really ill. Pic below plus YouTube link here.

Looking back on this now and given rumors of his health at the time, plus the fact that he's never worn anything but the turtleneck since, this black shirt and smarter appearance was something of a stockmarket statement.

Man am I sad for noticing stuff like this.

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 6502a

a456

His wardrobe must be hilarious.

Here is one with a white shirt and red tie from the old days:
    [​IMG]

21. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

can't beat the waistcoat either:

Attached Files:

22. macrumors 6502a

a456

Nice. Good job Ives is in charge of design.

23. macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Hmmm, regardless of his attire he was likely worth about $200 million by that stage (or was very close to being worth that). As such I doubt he gives a damn - then or now.

24. macrumors Core

Dagless

Mad, I wear 501's. Used to have a white mock turtle jumper too, think I lost that in Barcelona for whatever reason!

25. 210
    macrumors regular

Oh...

I thought his mock turtleneck was from the Gap as he used to be their boss...